Southerndreamer2

Heki skylight problem

Dometic Heke Midi roof light.  This is two years old and the rear corners of the inner section close on to two bare springs which I suppose is to act as a buffer. However where the corners contact the springs the acrylic is chipping away and a small crack has started on one corner. I understand I can source a replacement but worry about the same thing happening again. Any advice would be much appreciated.

IMG_20190314_130823.jpg

Get in contact with your dealer, they should sort it out, this should never happen to this product at two years 

We have Les, but unfortunately the dealer doesn't want to take responsibility. On top of which Dometic only give 12 moths warranty over here. 

My 2015 Coachman Vision 575 roof light did the same thing but I didn't notice it until the van was 3 1/2 years old.

We had already agreed to buy a new caravan at the NEC autumn show before I noticed the problem.

Hopefully the new owner will be covered by the dealers warranty.

Give the dealer a try, there is some protection under the sale of goods act as products should last a reasonable time based on their original cost and quality.

4 hours ago, Gd485 said:

My 2015 Coachman Vision 575 roof light did the same thing but I didn't notice it until the van was 3 1/2 years old.

We had already agreed to buy a new caravan at the NEC autumn show before I noticed the problem.

Hopefully the new owner will be covered by the dealers warranty.

Give the dealer a try, there is some protection under the sale of goods act as products should last a reasonable time based on their original cost and quality.

I don't know if New Zealand have the same set up as the UK regarding the sale of goods act

We do Paul but try getting any action from anyone!!

Posted (edited)

Hi Southerndreamer

I didn’t check your profile and the fact you are located in the land of the long white cloud. 

I was last in NZ some 10 years ago, great place for a camping holiday. much better climate for us than the big island next door!

Edited by Gd485

Hi Gd485, currently we're all very sad that the world has finally caught us up and the mayhem and hatred has surfaced here.  :-(

Terror attacks are un-welcome anywhere and made so much worse by the fact it’s happened is such a beautiful and peaceful country. 

The need for a more tolerant population anywhere needs to become universal.