Wi-Fi Booster

Hi, can anyone help with recommendations for a WIFI booster, the park provides WI-FI but the signal is not very strong

any ideas? 

54 minutes ago, FinRob said:

Hi, can anyone help with recommendations for a WIFI booster, the park provides WI-FI but the signal is not very strong

any ideas? 

Have a shufti at this lot for some info - it's pretty fresh and this was discussed in length last week 

you can always do a search to see what else has already been witten over the past couple of years

1 hour ago, matelodave said:

Have a shufti at this lot for some info - it's pretty fresh and this was discussed in length last week 

you can always do a search to see what else has already been witten over the past couple of years

I have EE mini mobile wifi in my van - ok for phones and tablets. Not TV. If anyone knows better let me know. Connection can be bit hit and miss key is not to disconnect unless necessary. Takes several tries to get back on. Once established runs pretty well.

I would suggest that using site wi-fi for TV is a little - shall we say - unsociable.

By definition most sites are more rural than urban and so will have a relatively slow feed. Start using it for TV and you will prevent other people from using the system, and/or you will suffer an immense amount of buffering. Most sites provide wi-fi (especially if it is free) with the intent of it being used for email, social media, and a little surfing.

You could of course use a mi-fi unit or set your mobile up as a hotspot and use that. TV uses about 1GB per hour in SD so make sure you have plenty of data available!

Edited by Woodentop

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

4 minutes ago, Woodentop said:

I would suggest that using site wi-fi for TV is a little - shall we say - unsociable.

By definition most sites are more rural than urban and so will have a relatively slow feed. Start using it for TV and you will prevent other people from using the system, and/or you will suffer an immense amount of buffering. Most sites provide wi-fi (especially if it is free) with the intent of it being used for email, social media, and a little surfing.

You could of course use a mi-fi unit or set your mobile up as a hotspot and use that. TV uses about 1GB per hour in SD so make sure you have plenty of data available!

2 hours ago, matelodave said:

I have EE mini mobile wifi in my van - ok for phones and tablets. Not TV. If anyone knows better let me know. Connection can be bit hit and miss key is not to disconnect unless necessary. Takes several tries to get back on. Once established runs pretty well.

Not using for TV. Site has wifi only in clubhouse. My point is paying £30 a month for phone and tablet seems expensive. But could maybe use as a hot spot for TV as I have lots of unused data each month. But not savvy on setting up hotspots will have to enlist help from someone who is. Thanks for reply btw :-)

If you phone is Android, go into Settings/More (below Mobile Data which itself may be under Wi-fi) and you will find the Tethering option. You just need to turn it on and (if you wish) activate encryption which needs a password so that only you and yours can use it. Remember to turn it off when finished.

Simples?

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

Site I am on wanted £120 to supply and fit a wifi booster. Which I am told by others,  doesnt give a significant improvement.

I purchased off ebay an ALFA R36 router and an ALFA UBDo-nt directional booster antennae both for £64 . Problem solved and good enough to stream should I want to.