11 hours ago, shipbroker said:

Les.....surely Laverbread?....or bara lawr....not pumice stone!

cheers

geoff

oops !!

12 hours ago, JCloughie said:

You could go to the Anchor (an away skittle alley for me).  But the bore will be no better than staying at Arlingham.  You could drive to Weir Lane or Elmore back where the river is narrower and therefore the bore grows.  But it can be difficult to park.

I once walked the dog down the Severn Way from Weir lane which is on the riverside.  Then all went very odd.  You could tell the dog knew there was somthing wrong.  After a minute I realised that it had gone eirily quite.  Shortly after a bore came along, about 6 inch.  As soon as it passed everything returnred to normal.

The Severn Bore Inn as Minsterwoth do a breakfast but it would mean an early turn out.

We will have Lunch, I will call as arranged.

John

Thanks John.  We are going to crawl out of bed early on Friday and wander over to the Anchor Inn to be there for about 8am to have a bacon roll and coffee.  Watch the bore for 2 minutes and then back to the caravan for a snooze.  LOL!  Perhaps meet up Saturday for lunch at the George in Cambridge?

1 hour ago, Durbanite said:

Thanks John.  We are going to crawl out of bed early on Friday and wander over to the Anchor Inn to be there for about 8am to have a bacon roll and coffee.  Watch the bore for 2 minutes and then back to the caravan for a snooze.  LOL!  Perhaps meet up Saturday for lunch at the George in Cambridge?

Went to the George some years ago, freezing and poor food.  However, I think my daughter went recently and said it was good, I will check with her.

John