Hi, We have a 2018 Alaria TS which as I recall should have a DAB radio fitted as standard. Ours has an FM/AM radio fitted. Can anyone tell me if I am correct or if I am getting it wrong. Thanks in advance. 

Marquis have one for sale which has a 'digital radio'  in the specification. 

Thank you for your reply. I believe it should have a digital radio fitted. It’s not a big deal but, you should get what you paid for. Thanks again.

Posted (edited)

Er, that could be a truth economy issue. The term 'digital radio' is more often intended to mean that the radio has a digital display and may also have RDS, it does not necessarily mean that it has DAB. Mind you I would defy anyone to buy a radio now with an analogue display - i.e. a dial - these days!

I've just had a look at the spec and it does say digital radio, not DAB.

Edited by Woodentop
  • Like 1

I'm guessing that a digital radio is as Woodentop suggests and has RDS.  A DAB radio is something different,. Most manufacturer's state DAB if that's what they are supplying - my 2015 Cadiz has a DAB radio

So you've probably got what was promised but not what you expected - that why you need to actually understand what is on offer rather than just glossing over the the bare specification

The use of digital for the display/tuning on FM/AM was commonplace, but has generally been dropped.

Digital Radio is and has been used for DAB (digital audio broadcasting) for over 10 years now.

http://www.ukdigitalradio.com 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/radio/digitalradio

Certainly worth a moan, seek clarification and suggest the phrase is misleading, at best!