Sign in to follow this  
bconnelly

Garmin BC30 Rear Camera.

Hi all.

Do any of you have experience with the Garmin BC30 wireless camera on the back of your van? I have a Avtex (Garmin) Tourer One SatNav that is compatible. The Garmin camera is expensive but I like the idea of a single device in the car, I just want to know it will work before buying. My car is a Jaguar XF, the van is an older (but loved) Abbey Spectrum 419 so a total length of about 12m (39ft), the camera has an advertised wireless range of 13m (45ft) so may be cutting it fine. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Posted (edited)

Has the camera got a separate transmitter unit - if so you could extend the camera leads and install the transmitter unit at the front of the caravan to shorten the distance between the TX and RX units.

There you go  http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=292997935005&category=169375&pm=1&ds=0&t=1552320874957 made for the job

Edited by matelodave

15 minutes ago, matelodave said:

Has the camera got a separate transmitter unit - if so you could extend the camera leads and install the transmitter unit at the front of the caravan to shorten the distance between the TX and RX units.

There you go  http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItemDescV4&item=292997935005&category=169375&pm=1&ds=0&t=1552320874957 made for the job

Excellent suggestion matelodave, thanks. It does have a separate transmitter unit.