wd key barrel lock

hi I am looking for a new barrel lock for the caravan door on my lunar the key is a WD type I am looking for somewhere were I can get the specific lock barrel to fit my key as I don't want 2 different keys to unlock the caravan and the other locks on the outside

can anyone advise where I can get them from

steve

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I had the original posters problem with one caravan and I went through the stock at a dealers shop and selected barrels with same key number.

Regards, David
Peugeot 308 GT Premium, 1.5 diesel 2021

We needed a new barrel to match all the other van locks on our Bailey Pamplona.  When we bought the van new we had the Dealer fit an additional locker on the offside. It transpired he had “bodged” a barrel  to match the others and the keys. It just kept coming out of the socket housing every time you used it. After several attempts to fix it he claimed he couldn’t get one to match and even tried to fob us off with a replacement that didn’t even match the housing.

I couldn’t believe that story. Fortunately we only live 4 miles from Bailey parts shop so I called in to see if they could help,  ready to whinge and moan if they couldn’t supply a part for a less than 1 year old van.

They could of course supply the correct barrel straightaway,  which I easily fitted and haven’t had any problems since. It wasn’t listed on the public Prima website (for security reasons apparently) but there it was on the Dealer parts site. All of the fuss, hassle, “bodging” and excuses could have so easily have been avoided.

Makes you wonder what Dealers use for brains.

I would suggest you get a new one via your dealer or manufacturer directly.

DrBob

It used to common for someone to get a used barrel and then file the tumblers to fit the original key, but its not very good for security.

Its a simple job of inserting a key until the tumblers protrude then filing them flat.

but it should be done with a new barrel 

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)