Sign in to follow this  
mgpete

Dometic CTW4050 toilet removal

Hi, has anyone ever removed their Dometic 4050 toilet? we have a 2014 Lunar Delta ti which we’ve had from new but I’m getting the pink flush water collecting underneath the cassette and from what I can see it’s leaking from the pipe where it disappears from site presumably where it connects to the pump so it could be just the connection or a split in the pipe but I can’t get at the connection so I’m wondering if anyone knows how to remove the toilet to get to this point or of any other way to get to it?

A separate issue is it’s also just started to leak slightly from the slide valve so I will need to put a new seal in the cassette once I find a source for the seal. 

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks, Pete

Before you go to all the grief of removing it check that it’s not the drain pipe that’s leaking from where it attaches to bottom of the flush tank (accessed from outside)

COULD save you a lot of work. 

Andy

Also, have you checked on YouTube? Or Google Dometic CTW4050 videos?

Thanks, tried YouTube & Googled for the part with no success so will contact Dometic tomorrow and thanks MrPlodd but the Domestic doesn’t have a drain tube like the Thetford so to drain you have to pump the water into the loo which then goes straight into the cassette.

i know it’s the pipe to the pump up in the top somewhere as I can see the pink fluid running down the outside of the pipe but I appreciate your thoughts and time. 

• Like 1

If its the same as mine, there is a special tool to get the toilet apart.

The tool is usually supplied with the van, in the paperwork, so if you have a random piece of green?? plastic in your caravan folder that will be it.

Dismantling details are in the paperwork, so it may be worth having a look on the Dometic site for the installation pages.

My paperwork is in the van, some miles away.

Thanks, tried YouTube & Googled for the part with no success so will contact Dometic tomorrow and thanks MrPlodd but the Domestic doesn’t have a drain tube like the Thetford so to drain you have to pump the water into the loo which then goes straight into the cassette.

i know it’s the pipe to the pump up in the top somewhere as I can see the pink fluid running down the outside of the pipe but I appreciate your thoughts and time. 

Well I’ve found a light green plastic strip with Dometic on it so it’s just a question as to how to use it!! I have bundles of paperwork with the van covering everything but the toilet but this is a good start. I will keep searching for installation instructions so thanks for the lead. 

Having checked - the green lever is for removing the seat unit only.

It seems there are arrows moulded into the side of the seat - insert the green tool and lever at each point.

Seat just snaps back on.

I was sure I had installation instructions, but I don't - just operating instructions.

Sorry if I led you up the garden path.

Hi did you ever find out how to remove the toilet as mine has stoped flushing think it is the motor and will need to take it all out to get to it.  Did you have any joy removing it ?

thanks 

kaz