Fresh water supply

Hello everyone I have a stupid or possibly not so stupid question to ask regarding water supply any answers or thoughts appreciated. Ok we mainly pitch up on fully serviced sites with our 2018 swift. I normally just pop the whale water supply straight into the van then connect hose to the fresh water tap turn on and away we go..... now then my question is this with mains water connect should i switch on the caravans water pump or just rely on the mains water pressure to do the job regards Paul 

the experts will be along soon, but doesn't the water pump work when you lift the tap handle, or do you mean actually press the tap icon on the display?  

Just now, joanie said:

the experts will be along soon, but doesn't the water pump work when you lift the tap handle, or do you mean actually press the tap icon on the display?  

Hi thanks out van has a water pump power switch o  the fancy control panel swift command 

We have a 2017 Sprite complete with Swift Command. We use serviced pitches, and the way we connect the water is as follows. 

On site stand pipe is connected to the Aquaroll (other makes available). There is some kind of  ball cock inside that turns the water off when it is full. The water connection from the caravan is placed into the Aquaroll.  The water pump control switch is turned on in the caravan. The system in the caravan charges itself and, when it is fully charged, the pump stops until the tap is turned on again. The "fully serviced" part of the site means that you don't have to refill the Aquaroll while on site. The connection instructions are contained in the "quick start" handbook that comes with the caravan.

If you are talking about the other type of system which connects to the caravan without the need for an Aquaroll, I've never used that type. Doubtless an expert will be along shortly to fill you in on that type of system.

Hope this helps, Mike.

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

Try both ways.  The pressure from the outside Whale connector is reduced mains pressure which will be similar to the pressure your onboard pump produces.  I have a similar system and can use either but get slightly better pressure in the shower by using the onboard pump.  Do you have an onboard tank also? 

Sam :beardy:   RR Sport HSE Dynamic towing Swift Elegance Grande 845

On my Ace Award with on-board pump I needed the pump on to get really good flow with an Aquasource.  Same with the current Bailey with on-board pump.  The pump presents a restriction to the water flow.

Older vans I've had with the <drop into Aquaroll external pumps>: the Aquasource provided much better pressure and flow.  Obviously no need for pump on as the mains hose pressure reducer filled the spot the external pump would plug into.

So the answer ON or OFF depends on what style of pump your Swift caravan has.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

Ok thank you all for you input I think I will try switching water pump on next time van is connected to water mains to see if pressure increases or remains the same. I'm 51 now and starting to wonder if caravans are getting to high Tec and over complicated what was wrong with my parents first van with a twist and pump plunger in the floor lol