Sign in to follow this  
lunarloopy

Club v Club

35 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

I cannot get my head around that some people state there is snobbery on a C.C site. 

Not something that I experienced and I do like seeing Older caravans and trailer tents. 

• Thanks 1

We are members of both although much longer with the CMC than the C&CC. A good C&CC site is the equal of a CMC site but the problem is that where as the CMC sites are consistently good that can't be said for the C&CC.  Two things that tend to let the C&CC down is the general quality of their toilet/shower facilities which with a few exceptions don't match those of the CMC and also their hardstanding pitches are quite small in comparison to the CMC. Having said that the C&CC have some sites in locations we want to visit so worth being members especially as I can book  a hardstanding.

David

• Like 1

1 hour ago, klyne said:

A good C&CC site is the equal of a CMC site but the problem is that where as the CMC sites are consistently good that can't be said for the C&CC.  Two things that tend to let the C&CC down is the general quality of their toilet/shower facilities which with a few exceptions don't match those of the CMC and also their hardstanding pitches are quite small in comparison to the CMC.

David, you forgot to precede your comments with the words "In my opinion …"

John

2 minutes ago, Johnaldo said:

John

Who else’s opinion did you think it was?

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Grandpa Steve said:

Who else’s opinion did you think it was?

Grandpa Steve, the post stood out as being unusual in that it did not appear to be one particular member's opinions - but more a series of stated 'facts' - hence my comment.

So for example, my reply to David's post would be somewhat opposed, but not stated as actualities -

In my opinion, a good CMC site can be the equal of a C&CC site, but I think the problem is that whereas the C&CC sites may be consistently good, I can't say that for the CMC.  From my viewpoint, two things that tend to let the CMC down are the general quality of their toilet/shower facilities (for instance at a site I visited last week where the shower block tiles still had very 1970s flowers on them), and also I find their hardstanding pitches quite small in comparison to the C&CC.

John

Edited by Johnaldo

“In my opinion”, having caravanned for 20+ years, I conclude that  the two clubs give you options.

On one hand the CMC gives you structured organised pitches of which (with very few exceptions) you get to pick which one you would like. The majority are pretty level and are well maintained.

The majority of the toilet blocks are of a similar good standard, and in general a pleasant all round experience.

On the other hand and purely “based on my experience” of either visiting friends, and the very rare occasion we have stayed on one, you have the C&CC sites where you have wardens chosing which pitch you have, not always of a size to accommodate your outfit, in a location you might not like, and on what often appears to be at best a poorly maintained field.

The toilet blocks are hit and miss, and for us, not as good an experience as staying on a CMC site.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Johnaldo said:

Grandpa Steve, the post stood out as being unusual in that it did not appear to be one particular member's opinions - but more a series of stated 'facts' - hence my comment.

So for example, my reply to David's post would be somewhat opposed, but not stated as actualities -

In my opinion, a good CMC site can be the equal of a C&CC site, but I think the problem is that whereas the C&CC sites may be consistently good, I can't say that for the CMC.  From my viewpoint, two things that tend to let the CMC down are the general quality of their toilet/shower facilities (for instance at a site I visited last week where the shower block tiles still had very 1970s flowers on them), and also I find their hardstanding pitches quite small in comparison to the C&CC.

John

Reading this I thought you must have got the two clubs mixed up

• Like 1

We joined the CCC but would agree Grandpa Steve regarding the standard of them. we've now joined the CMC after looking at their website and viewing their campsites and hoping for a better outcome. We did find the standard of the toilet/shower blocks on the CCC sites to be very hit and miss and the many of the pitches were pretty poor at the sites we visited.

John

21 hours ago, Johnaldo said:

John

Not an opinion from my point if view, I see it as a fact. 

David

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, klyne said:

David

And I would completely agree with you.

When is a subjective judgement a fact rather than a point of view - an opinion? Dunno but if it ever can be it must be when most hold the same point of view based on their personal experience.  I agree with David's opinion but not sure whether it is fact :lol:

2 hours ago, klyne said:

David

David, I thought it read more like a press release in places.

John

• Like 1

I have been a member of several clubs over the years from what is now the Caravan and Motorhome Club and the Camping and Caravan Club to one make owner's clubs, special interest clubs, and those connected with my employment that have a caravan section. In general I find, as you would probably predict, the smaller clubs are the more friendly and personal ones (though even they can have their moments) while the larger ones are more commercially orientated. Of the two major clubs in the UK I am now only a member of one of them.

It can always be a bit daunting when going on a first rally with any caravan orientated club but remember that others attending will have done the same and should understand how you feel. It's not too difficult to gauge whether you'll fit in or not but you will have to make the effort as some can be less sociable than others, and even friendly ones may not turn out to be suited to your lifestyle. 

Nicely put Gordon.....we are a member of CMC and four other smaller associations who rally. We have found two of the smaller ones, RCA & ICA, to be most suited to our needs as they are,mainly people 'of an age' who have been around the block with caravanning and now just want a nice friendly environment to have some sociable time.

geoff

• Like 1