Just read this on another forum:-

Just had an e-mail from our caravan club storage site to say that 28 caravans have been broken into and the fire extinguishers have been used to vandalise said outfits. There was no attempt to steal the vans just mindless vandalism. Apparently they managed to scale the wire fencing at the far end of the compound. Honestly, what is wrong with people?

It seems nothing is safe these days.

8 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Just read this on another forum:-

Just had an e-mail from our caravan club storage site to say that 28 caravans have been broken into and the fire extinguishers have been used to vandalise said outfits. There was no attempt to steal the vans just mindless vandalism. Apparently they managed to scale the wire fencing at the far end of the compound. Honestly, what is wrong with people?

It seems nothing is safe these days.

:angry: Mindless.... 

Scorpio, any idea whereabouts this occured?  It's strange that it happened on a caravan club site, as there's always wardens there, and the storage area is usually quite close to where the tourers are.

John

Unfortunately. the poster on the other forum did not disclose the area or location.  They did state that there were no CCTV systems in place, but there are plans to install some (too late).

Birch the little (removed)!!!

Oh I forgot, that’s inhumane isn’t it, silly me.

Andy

• Like 3

Unfortunately, as I know to my cost, CCTV has to be an appropriate evidential standard.  My car had a window smashed in a station car park, which had had CCTV installed 3 months before.  BT Police did their bit, but told me the CCTV was useless because it wasn't of evidential quality...

2 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

Birch the little (removed)!!!

Oh I forgot, that’s inhumane isn’t it, silly me.

Andy

I remember seeing a programme about the birch being used in the Isle of Man. The man who carried out the punishment said he never saw the same dowp twice, I think that says it all.

Now what about the original topic of this thread.

Scorpio, really sorry to hear of your dilemma and hope you get everything sorted easily.

regarding the rest of the comments, move it somewhere else for discussion and keep to the OP’s original topic