Sign in to follow this  
joanie

caravan club magazine

Just a couple of things that may be of interest. First there are to be changes to the booking system, looks like a bit of thought has gone in to it and in addition they are  working on block bookings, cancellation and deposits. 

I never realised that the CMC had a Club Chaplain, anyway she's now an honorary Canon at Worcester Cathedral. I wonder what part she plays in the CMC.

CamperClean, £2 to clean your toilet cassette , now trialling in Abbey Wood, Brighton and Coniston Park.    Perhaps if anyone has a go, they would let us know how they got on and if it's really clean.

The CMC has had a chaplain for many years and the two I have known were and are frequent ralliers.

Steph Roberts was a great character with a huge number of humorous stories about his life and travels.

Hazel rallies with her family and she is easily recognised with her bright choice of hair colours.

They take the service at any of the Nationals that they attend and are members of the club council.

Ian

thanks for that bit of info, I just never expected the CMC to have a  minister in this day and age with all the different religions. I have worked for a company years ago where a vicar would pop in for his lunch  and have a chat but it was all very informal. 

Would agree with Ian, Steph Roberts was a great funny man and a joy to be in his company. Hazel not only rallies but acts as Marshall on some.

geoff

I'd be slightly worried about using the CamperClean as the article says that it has a 'jet pressure wash'. 

I've been told that you can cause damage to the inner workings of the cassette (especially the float mechanism) just by sticking a hose pipe inside it, or even swilling it out too vigouously … so I'd think a jet-wash could be a bit risky.

John

11 minutes ago, Johnaldo said:

I'd be slightly worried about using the CamperClean as the article says that it has a 'jet pressure wash'. 

I've been told that you can cause damage to the inner workings of the cassette (especially the float mechanism) just by sticking a hose pipe inside it, or even swilling it out too vigouously … so I'd think a jet-wash could be a bit risky.

John

John

I don't think Joanie is, in any way, trying to relate the CamperClean to a cannon!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, SamD said:

John

I don't think Joanie is, in any way, trying to relate the CamperClean to a cannon!

SamD, I'm not commenting on what Joanie said, I'm quoting the CMC's blurb which says 'jet pressure' (not sure where 'cannon' reference came from) which I think is too strong for the inside of a cassette.

John

Posted (edited)

The Old Oaks, Glastonbury already has one of the cassette toilet cleaning machines - we’ve not used it, but I understand that it recharges the cassette with the correct dose of chemical ready for the next use, so not all the cost is in the cleaning.  We also saw a similar machine in Germany 2 years ago, so they must be getting more popular.

Edited by Glen and Les
Spelling correction.

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 15:06, joanie said:
14 minutes ago, joanie said:

https://www.caravanclub.co.uk/advice-and-training/technical-advice/sanitation/

it does say 'jet  pressure wash' , but  it must be working on a low pressure, otherwise like you say it wouldn't be any good using it on a cassette as it would damage it. 

We saw one of these machines in action two years ago at Swiss Farm, Henley on Thames. The guy paid £2 and tried it.

He was pleased with the result. Clean cassette with chemical dose. Personally I think its a barmy idea to pay £2 every other day for a job you can do for nothing. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Johnaldo said:

SamD, I'm not commenting on what Joanie said, I'm quoting the CMC's blurb which says 'jet pressure' (not sure where 'cannon' reference came from) which I think is too strong for the inside of a cassette.

John

Joanie's opening post:

Just a couple of things that may be of interest. First there are to be changes to the booking system, looks like a bit of thought has gone in to it and in addition they are  working on block bookings, cancellation and deposits. 

I never realised that the CMC had a Club Chaplain, anyway she's now an honorary Canon at Worcester Cathedral. I wonder what part she plays in the CMC.

CamperClean, £2 to clean your toilet cassette , now trialling in Abbey Wood, Brighton and Coniston Park.    Perhaps if anyone has a go, they would let us know how they got on and if it's really clean

Soz John - poor attempt at humour!

We're a family of three who use the caravan bathroom over site facilities and paying an extra £2 a day to do something that takes me five minutes for free isn't something I'll be switching to.  Tight fisted? Me?  No, but that £14 saved over a weeks holiday will buy me a decent bottle of wine!

• Like 1

Indeed Gary....

geoff

1 hour ago, SamD said:

Soz John - poor attempt at humour!

'Soz' accepted, Sam :)

John

• Like 1

Might be worth using once a month or so if does a really good clean.

Ian

3 hours ago, IanV8 said:

Might be worth using once a month or so if does a really good clean.

Ian

That would be my reason for usage one every now and then 

They have one also at Swiss Farm Henley on Thames,I used it for the final clean up before we went home,it came out like new and smelt like Boots Fragrance Counter, £2 well spent at the end of the holiday,not really viable for everyday use,especially as Gary said it would buy more wine ,which in turn could mean an extra emptying session

• Like 3

Can you stop the blue being added if someone is not using the caravan for a long period do they want it sitting in the cassette ?

Dave

20 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

Can you stop the blue being added if someone is not using the caravan for a long period do they want it sitting in the cassette ?

Would it do anything if it was? Mine goes in when the 'van is laid up until first usage following season.

geoff

3 hours ago, shipbroker said:

Would it do anything if it was? Mine goes in when the 'van is laid up until first usage following season.

geoff

Ours too. I always add blue after emptying.  If we have to stay on a green only site it would get swilled out at home (it's only happened once!)

Much as I enjoy toilet Talk I note with interest the opening part of Joanie's post which may in part allude to the booking of blocks of weekends in advance and then cancelling many before the 72hr deadline. 

This is apparently now seen as a serious issue impeding those of us that only book week+ holidays and potentially costing the club money.

I think the plan may be to limit the number of weekends only that can be booked.

Can't see that being contentious?😁😱

Weekend only deposits?

The changes in bookings caught my eye, especially when there's  usually so many comments on the subject, but perhaps we should wait until we know what the changes are.  We can only surmise that they will be upsetting some folk and pleasing others.  I hope they don't bring in deposits, I'm sure they can put some sort of system in place to stop the people  who block book the week ends but don't use the booking on a regular basis. The initial changes are coming in the first half of the year  for overseas sites.  It says that we will be able to compare sites by location , facilities and price. 

If it is anything like past blunders I dread to think what is going to happen when they do get around to it.  Every time they have updated the website it has been a disaster.  Even now the website hassles after the last update!

I only use the website for bookings so fingers crossed that there's not too much hassle once they've finished the upgrade.  I do read the forum now and again and I see that they still remove a lot of comments, so no change there.