Sign in to follow this  
wombal

Just bought a new 2018 Willerby Desire Model or is it

Hi just bought a Willerby Desire ? but is it ! does anyone know why or whom changes the name of a caravan model, as ive just bought a Willerby Desire and upon contacting Willerby they informed me that some dealers change the name so they require the vin number to establish its original model spec, thought this a bit weird as it is brand new 2018 unused. 

I will be getting the vin number soon  after it is sited by the park owners so no problems in that respect I just wanted to look up for some parts from Willerby parts section that was the reason I contacted Willerby in the first place.

If anyone could help to shed some light on this I would be very grateful I will also be following up on the vin number to Willerby to see what the original spec is and if anyones interested will let you know soon.

Thanks in advance all the best Wombal.

If tourers are anything to go by, larger dealers often have "Dealer Specials", slightly upgraded vans exclusive to that dealer, usually a little cheaper than buying the base van and adding the extras.

• Like 1

Dealers are there to sell caravans and use all kinds of tricks to make their products more appealing.

Just look at the name they have chosen....Desire......makes you think it is something special when in fact it is just a bog standard static van.

Most of the stuff in all the vans is the same for each with mainly cosmetic changes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brecon said:

Dealers are there to sell caravans and use all kinds of tricks to make their products more appealing.

Just look at the name they have chosen....Desire......makes you think it is something special when in fact it is just a bog standard static van.

Most of the stuff in all the vans is the same for each with mainly cosmetic changes.

yes that's right they are and this caravan is just a bog standard type  but I cannot find the layout or equipment spec at Willerby so it looks like just wait till I get the VIN to find out more. Thanks for your reply .