Sign in to follow this  
Nogger

Fenwicks

Why can i not remove a black streak using fenswick product on a 2016 coachman.

I have used  1in10 product as per instructions. On several attempts but failed. 

Not at all impressed with Fenswick .waste of money 

Assuming you're using 'Fenwicks' Caravan Cleaner Concentrate (here) - it's always worked well for me.  And I keep a spray bottle of Black Streak Remover (here) in the van.

John

It works well for me. 

You do have to use elbow grease.

Maybe it is the resin paint they use has absorbed the stain, so nothing will make any difference?

Alway found all the Fenwicks product to be very good.

I use a 10% solution of Caravan Cleaner in a trigger bottle to pretreat the black streaks, leave for 5 minutes and then just was as normal, any stubborn black streaks usually go with a second squirt and a little agitation with a sponge.

As has been said, it is probably something else that is preventing the Fenwicks from doing its job.

Works for me:rolleyes:

Always worked for me,good products at sound prices.

Geoff

Nogger,

Fenwicks has always worked for me, but:-

Have you had the caravan from new?   If not, is it possible that a previous owner has sealed the black streaks in by using a polish or protectant?

It could be ingrained into the paint as already suggested or just well and truly baked in over a couple of seasons.

You could try the Fenwicks neat on a damp cloth and wash off within a few minutes.

You could also try a very light  cleaner/polish such as autoglym (not a cutting compound or paint restorer) to get through the top of the paint which is very thin.

The black streaks are usually caused by the chemicals in the black window seals leaching out.  It might help to give the seals a good clean too.    You could try something like Armorite on them (keeping it away from everything else) but this normally helps on much older caravans where the seals have hardened.  

I hope this helps.

Awning rail protectors also help, as suggested.

I use autoglym caravan cleaner nowadays, Silky cream is also worth a try.

16 hours ago, shipbroker said:

Always worked for me,good products at sound prices.

Geoff

Cheers , and thanks it tough at the top , but there's still only one Bobby Dazzler:Thankyou:

16 hours ago, CJ1149 said:

Nogger,

Have you had the caravan from new?   If not, is it possible that a previous owner has sealed the black streaks in by using a polish or protectant?

It could be ingrained into the paint as already suggested or just well and truly baked in over a couple of seasons.

You could try the Fenwicks neat on a damp cloth and wash off within a few minutes.

You could also try a very light  cleaner/polish such as autoglym (not a cutting compound or paint restorer) to get through the top of the paint which is very thin.

The black streaks are usually caused by the chemicals in the black window seals leaching out.  It might help to give the seals a good clean too.    You could try something like Armorite on them (keeping it away from everything else) but this normally helps on much older caravans where the seals have hardened.  

I hope this helps.

:goodpost:

Nogger,

I hope this helps.

Nogger,

I hope this helps.

17 hours ago, CJ1149 said:

Nogger,

I hope this helps.

:goodpost:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Johnaldo said:

Assuming you're using 'Fenwicks' Caravan Cleaner Concentrate (here) - it's always worked well for me.  And I keep a spray bottle of Black Streak Remover (here) in the van.

John

:goodpost:  :Thankyou: 

• Like 1

I keep an Aldi Black Streak Remover in the front locker, no effort needed only to open and shut said locker

• Thanks 1

I’ve had the van from new ,and I’ve tried several different ways trying to remove the dam thing with fenswick  in all combinations ,the worst area is above the lounge window up to the awning rail ,

i have been and purchased Autoglym resin polish ,yippee the marks gone thank god ,it was doing my head in ,

thanks for all the reply’s 

• Like 1

Fenwicks cleaner does not work for me either. It could be the dealer when servicing gives it a clean and polish using Autoglym polish which leaves it clean but maybe makes new black streaks difficult to remove.

Makes me feel better knowing someone else having the same problem ,I was beginning to think someone had put a line down my van with a permanent black marker pen 😂

1 minute ago, Nogger said:

Makes me feel better knowing someone else having the same problem ,I was beginning to think someone had put a line down my van with a permanent black marker pen 😂

You better put a "drip strip" on quickly or repeated use of the Autoglym resin polish will not take long to get through that smear of coating, it is far from as thick as the finish used in cars, in my experience. 

• Like 1

Now he's used the autoglym to shift it a quick squirt of autoglym caravan cleaner will remove it easily next time, Nogger is also local to a firm who makes/supplies caravan cleaner, polish, plughole and pipe cleaner etcetera 

• I do not understand 1

It's good to know you've a satisfactory result.  Autoglyms always worked for me too.

Now your vans nice and clean treat it to Fenwicks Bobby Dazzler to help keep the dirt at bay and make the next wash easier.  Just a few minutes with a garden spray.

(or are you still unhappy to try the "F" word?)

• Like 1

I quite liked fenwicks cleaner and bobby dazzler but we're a fair distance from anyone who sells it, whereas our local car shops sell autoglym :)

I used to use Fenwick's cleaner followed by Bobby Dazzler on the caravan and Autoglym bodywork shampoo conditioner on the car.  I just use Autoglym now for both and it brings this and our previous caravans up a treat,  it also leaves a protective water repellent finish which beads water for weeks as if it's been waxed.

:Thankyou:

There's only one Bobby Dazzler

On 03/03/2019 at 16:54, Paul_B said:

I quite liked fenwicks cleaner and bobby dazzler but we're a fair distance from anyone who sells it, whereas our local car shops sell autoglym :)

Have seen it in supermarkets........

Good Morning to Old Man Fenwick!

geoff

Yes so have I B) :Thankyou:  and a very good morning to you. 

On 03/03/2019 at 16:54, Paul_B said:

I buy mine on Amazon at shop prices including delivery.