Sign in to follow this  
madmax

Oswestry Caravan and Camping Club Site

I have been looking for Oswestry  Caravan and Camping Club site on their website for a few days originally which ever dates I chose it said unavailable.

I thought it was a glitch on their website, but have tried again this morning and the site has disappeared from the website completely.

Just got an answer machine when I phoned the site. I have used this site many times and wondered if anyone knew if there were any problems there. 

Posted (edited)

Seems like there is a glitch with their website I just tried it and there is no campsite available in Wales

Edited by oldboy

Perhaps it is a glitch but Oswestry comes under Central England not Wales in their book.

Perhaps it's because Oswestry is currently in England! Shropshire to be more precise.

I was there for 6 nights just a few days ago.

As above, it's in England, not Wales.

Posted (edited)

Nice site wherever it is

Edited by Les Medes

Posted (edited)

I need to revise on my geography. however, Cranberry Moss C&CC site in Oswestry does not seems to feature on the club website. I wonder  if it has been sold off?

Edited by oldboy

31 minutes ago, oldboy said:

I need to revise on my geography. however, Cranberry Moss C&CC site in Oswestry does not seems to feature on the club website. I wonder  if it has been sold off?

Over the centuries Oswestry has been on both sides of the border, or should that be that the border has been on both sides of Oswestry.

According to the old wives tale, it is still legal to shoot Welshmen with a longbow in Oswestry on Sundays. However, this was actually formally repealed in 1960!

8 hours ago, oldboy said:

When we stayed there about six years ago, the site was owned and managed by the family and run as an affiliated site for the CCC Club

I have phoned the site to enquire about availability for later in March and have been told it is no longer to be a Club Site and to phone back in a week or two when the new owners have taken over. That was all I was told, I asked about prices and was just told to phone in a couple of weeks. Shame we used that site quite a lot it’s convenient for the bus. 

43 minutes ago, madmax said:

I have phoned the site to enquire about availability for later in March and have been told it is no longer to be a Club Site and to phone back in a week or two when the new owners have taken over. That was all I was told, I asked about prices and was just told to phone in a couple of weeks. Shame we used that site quite a lot it’s convenient for the bus. 

A bit more expensive Oxon touring part is behind the park & ride.

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, oldboy said:

A bit more expensive Oxon touring part is behind the park & ride.

The last time I stayed at the Oxon site it was 15 miles from Oswestry as it is close to the Shrewsbury by-pass

Edited by DeeTee
Changed text

Yes Oxon touring Site is about £10 a night more expensive, we did get the age concession rate at the club site. would rather be closer to Oswestry than Shrewsbury too. I will have to have a look round but most of them are way off the bus route. The prices may not be too bad on the old site when they are taking bookings, I will phone them next week and see. Probably phone the club tomorrow and see what they say on the matter

A few decent CLsin that area.