Sign in to follow this  
ericmark

Rear lamp German instructions.

I wanted a rear light which would fit on a bike rack, local bike shop had just two both XLC one for dynamo so no good to me, the other USB a CL-R19 XLC.

The instructions all in German however it seemed easy enough, remove lamp charge and refit and it should run for 360 minutes why it did not say 6 hours I don’t know. It has a 300 mAh Lithium-ion battery inside.

When plugged in a green LED comes on, and it will not switch on while on charge. However the green LED never seems to switch off or change colour, so I have no way to know when fully charged, and some times it will last for a 4 hour bike ride without failing then another time all I get is a quick red flash and it fails. It does not gradually go dimmer, it simply switches off.

I wonder if the green LED should change colours or switch off, and if the light should fail as switched off or should it gradually go dimmer giving a warning of imamate failure? Has anyone else got one of these lamps if so can they say how it should work.

I have returned it to shop who are sending it back, hope I will get replacement next week, but it would be good to know how it should work.

Got replacement, one good reason for using local cycle shop, will report how it goes.

Sign in to follow this