Some of our neighbours think we're daft

On Thursday of last week we took advantage of the unseasonably pleasant weather and emptied and cleaned our caravan (kept at home). We hooked up the electric and cleaned and filled the water system to enable us to have hot water on tap. When we had finished we were sitting in the van, chatting over a cup of tea with the dog asleep on her "bed",  we realised how comfortable we were in the 'van and decided to have a "holiday" at home. So far we have spent 4 nights, with another 3 planned, using our house as site facilities (toilet, shower and washing machine) spending the rest of the time in the 'van  and reconnecting with our local area, visiting local attractions, which we haven't seen for quite a while. Needless to say a couple of our neighbours think we're being a bit daft, what do you think? :)

4 minutes ago, Borussia 1900 said:

I agree with your neighbours :rolleyes:

yep...

I could understand it if you was trying it out for the first time or something...would it be worth simply going to a site within an hours drive?

Edited by Les666
2 minutes ago, Les666 said:

yep...

I could understand it if you was trying it out for the first time or something...would it be worth simply going to a site within an hours drive?

I'm a Yorkshireman and that would cost money :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Flat_at said:

So am I but I don't camp out on my drive, lol

why not?   donkeys years ago now when we couldn't afford to go away on holiday , we had a holiday at home. It was wonderful as there were so many places we had never seen or been to.  I hope you are doing the same and not just sitting outside your 'van in deck chairs drinking a glass of wine. :)

If it makes you smile and are happy --- why not ?:D

Discovery 4 XS SDV6 and Airstream 532 plus 1996 MGF owned since new.

Having been down the garden to our 'van this morning in the glorious sunshine to put some things in it, I could feel the same way. However, it will soon be Easter so I'll contain myself until then!

2 hours ago, Borussia 1900 said:

Not camping, we're caravanning :D

2 hours ago, staffordshirechina said:

Having been down the garden to our 'van this morning in the glorious sunshine to put some things in it, I could feel the same way. However, it will soon be Easter so I'll contain myself until then!

We're not able to get away until June :(

2 hours ago, joanie said:

I hope you are doing the same and not just sitting outside your 'van in deck chairs drinking a glass of wine. :)

Not ALL day  :):)

It’s absolutely no-one’s business other than your own!

If that’s what you want to do then good for you, and ******* the neighbours !

(Their probably just jealous anyway) 

Andy

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Got mine out of storage today ready for a wash and clean up on my drive and away in three weeks for a 20 night stop .

If I didn't have other appointments I would've away now in the sun 18 here driving back from storage .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Booked a week in March as van has to come out for service so may as well, not too far away -Ludlow so will stroll into town and check out the brewery and its products!:D

Right, they should have camped in the drive of the neighbours who think they're daft :D.

That said, if the neighbours tell you you're daft, they're probably decent neighbours and are just teasing.

When our caravan is on the drive we sleep in it to prevent it being stolen!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

I think you are lucky to have such kind hearted neighbors. Most would think you were totally daft, not just a bit!  :blink:

7 hours ago, Flat_at said:

On Thursday of last week we took advantage of the unseasonably pleasant weather and emptied and cleaned our caravan (kept at home). We hooked up the electric and cleaned and filled the water system to enable us to have hot water on tap. When we had finished we were sitting in the van, chatting over a cup of tea with the dog asleep on her "bed",  we realised how comfortable we were in the 'van and decided to have a "holiday" at home. So far we have spent 4 nights, with another 3 planned, using our house as site facilities (toilet, shower and washing machine) spending the rest of the time in the 'van  and reconnecting with our local area, visiting local attractions, which we haven't seen for quite a while. Needless to say a couple of our neighbours think we're being a bit daft, what do you think? :)

Just reread the original post! I think that was a brilliant idea! Discover your own area and live in your home from home!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Update, a pic of our dog in holiday mode:)

PICT1646.JPG

8 hours ago, Flat_at said:

Needless to say a couple of our neighbours think we're being a bit daft, what do you think? :)

Maybe but I bet your neighbours would have a different opinion if you used your caravan as we did during the power cuts to our village some years back. We occupied our caravan in front of the bungalow, nice and warm watching telly while others plodded past in the gloom and cold outside. I'd have invited them in, but there are only so many that would fit into a 10'6" two berth.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

11 hours ago, Flat_at said:

If you were a true Yorkshireman you’d have rented the house out 😝

If you want to sleep in the van why not! We would use ours  as extra room if we had a house full of family, but we would have to fetch it from storage!

Neighbours can think what they want, I think football is daft!:)

Edited by 664DaveS
On ‎25‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 19:42, reluctant said:

I think you are lucky to have such kind hearted neighbors. Most would think you were totally daft, not just a bit!  :blink:

There will be a yellow van round tomorrow morning to collect you. LOL

Enjoy it and anyone else can sod off.

We have camped in everything we owned at some stage, mostly as the kids begged us and/or to try them out.

BUT have also used for guests so we could have extra peeps in the house.

While the sun shines, enjoy all you can.

On 25/02/2019 at 20:14, Flat_at said:

Update, a pic of our dog in holiday mode:)

PICT1646.JPG

Presume you will change the pillow!  :ph34r:

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg.