LunarAssist and Remote Access

PhilC

Having just registered my new van with LunarAssist, I can’t get Remote Access to work; it just returns an error saying can’t establish a communications link.

This worked when I was on site with the caravan all powered up, but van is now in storage with the PSU turned off, but still with the 12v battery in place. 

The Locate function still works and I would have assumed Remote Access would still work, but does something need to be left turned on in the van for this to work?

Must admit the web-site for LunarAssist is primitive to say the least!

thanks 

You may need to leave the PSU switched on-Just a suggestion but better to contact your supplying dealer direct.

• 1 month later...
On 25/02/2019 at 07:41, PhilC said:

Having just registered my new van with LunarAssist, I can’t get Remote Access to work; it just returns an error saying can’t establish a communications link.

This worked when I was on site with the caravan all powered up, but van is now in storage with the PSU turned off, but still with the 12v battery in place. 

The Locate function still works and I would have assumed Remote Access would still work, but does something need to be left turned on in the van for this to work?

Must admit the web-site for LunarAssist is primitive to say the least!

thanks 

I've just collected my new Lunar CK and have the same problem, did you manage to resolve yours, and if so, how please? 

Chris

It needs the PSU isolation switch to be turned on (button in); as CharlieBoy2608 thought.

Ok thanks. I assume this is on the Sergeant unit under the front bunk? Will check it out tomorrow when next at the van

Edited by Top Brass
Spelling!

Chris

Yep top left corner of the PSU

16 hours ago, PhilC said:

Yep top left corner of the PSU

Just been to caravan and 12v now switched back on. Both my phone and tablet are receiving data, so thanks again for the advice. Leisure battery being charged from solar panel and showing 13volts so pleased with that for an overcast day ??

Chris

Hi.

Glad my guess was helpful ;-)

Sometimes taking a practical and methodical approach can work.

Thank you for reporting back as this may also be of interest to other people.

Just one point; you don't need the PSU on to use the "Locate" facility, which will also tell you the battery state and if the Alarm is armed or not (and if it has gone off).     So I have found I don't need Remote Access, so leave the PSU turned off.

Phil

Ok thanks. As I've got a 100 watt solar panel and a brand new 105a/h battery  fitted, I'm happy to leave the 12v switched on at the moment. I do agree about the website being primitive, shades of the old Sinclair spectrums!

Edited by Top Brass

Chris

When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community.