Sign in to follow this  
Wayward Pilgrim

Buccaneer Barracuda

To hell with Brexit:  We bought British and look forward to picking it up in 3 moths time:D

Buccaneer-Barracuda.jpg

Bull dog spirit.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Wayward Pilgrim said:

To hell with Brexit:  We bought British and look forward to picking it up in 3 moths time:D

Buccaneer-Barracuda.jpg

Bull dog spirit.jpg

Good on ya, I absolutely love the barracuda but unfortunately Iv got 2 small kids so the wife said I was’nt allowed👍

Buying a product from Erwin Hymer U.K.   I bet you can play spot the British made component.  Chassis German, tyres Chinese,German fridge,  Swedish heating, build quality British  well done indeed a wise choice

Edited by fred
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Great move. We are loving our new Aruba. A few on going issues. Still working through the list with Catterick Caravans. Another week or two to see how well they deal with it and I’ll be back on here with a full review and insight. 

There for a buffet and a 10-% discount next weekend...but won't ask about your 'van!

geoff

This gives an interesting insight into the build quality of aBritish Bull dog   It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad that it has been ruined by ignorant meddling.  Truly a fitting symbol for our age.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, fred said:

This gives an interesting insight into the build quality of aBritish Bull dog   It would be funny if it wasn’t so sad that it has been ruined by ignorant meddling.  Truly a fitting symbol for our age.  

I don't understand your reference to the British bulldog and meddling?  What has that to do with the Buccaneer bought by the OP unless you are trying to start another Brexit debate?

Don't like the Barracuda layout.

But admire your spirit, defiance and non PC posting!

Hope the van proves a delight.

Yours truly,

Battle hardened Buccaneer owner.

2 hours ago, Durbanite said:

I don't understand your reference to the British bulldog and meddling?  What has that to do with the Buccaneer bought by the OP unless you are trying to start another Brexit debate?

OP shows the British Bulldog as the archetypal ‘Strength of Britain’ cobblers yet as a breed the British Bulldog is basically being bred to be entirely dysfunctional, inbred and with multiple issues. Which without recognising the irony, is probably very accurate.

I hope the OP caravan benefits from some German build quality as plenty of people seem  to have very concerning issues with their Buccaneers, or perhaps the new American owner has removed any quality Hymer put in...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

54 minutes ago, FrankBullet said:

OP shows the British Bulldog as the archetypal ‘Strength of Britain’ cobblers yet as a breed the British Bulldog is basically being bred to be entirely dysfunctional, inbred and with multiple issues. Which without recognising the irony, is probably very accurate.

I hope the OP caravan benefits from some German build quality as plenty of people seem  to have very concerning issues with their Buccaneers, or perhaps the new American owner has removed any quality Hymer put in...

Apparently continental caravans are no better than UK or British built caravans.  As so few of them around the UK in comparison to British caravans we do not hear much about them. 

OP has bought a brand new caravan and before it is even delivered people are knocking it and pulling it to pieces.  Not a nice welcome to a forum where maybe the OP was expecting something a bit different however they probably will not bothered coming back here and I don't blame them. 

We have a Buccaneer and are very happy with the build quality.  Like everything built, we had a few niggles which have been resolved to our satisfaction.

Sorry. Didn't notice it was the OP's first post......after 7yrs. So a warm welcome from a fellow Buccaneer owner. (4 since 2011).

I'm going to presume Wayward Pilgrim has read widely in the interim period and so will be up to speed on these vans. I'd immodestly say it's bulldog spirit that has kept us in the frame despite well reported issues with a couple of ours. The current one has been and continues to be a joy and I can't wait to get back out in it.

GB.

2 hours ago, Durbanite said:

Apparently continental caravans are no better than UK or British built caravans.  As so few of them around the UK in comparison to British caravans we do not hear much about them. 

OP has bought a brand new caravan and before it is even delivered people are knocking it and pulling it to pieces.  Not a nice welcome to a forum where maybe the OP was expecting something a bit different however they probably will not bothered coming back here and I don't blame them. 

I’d suggest it’s not necessarily a pleasant way to introduce yourself, especially as it’s clearly intended to be divisive. As for the caravan, I’ve already said I hope it’s not what we see as typical of the breed...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Durbanite said:

We have a Buccaneer and are very happy with the build quality.  Like everything built, we had a few niggles which have been resolved to our satisfaction.

I’m not sure if you had forgotten, but this is afaik Your second Buccaneer.  You were so impressed with your first one, you rejected it and got your money back.   Hardly a ringing , endorsement once all the facts are known.  

Edited by fred
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, fred said:

Buying a product from Erwin Hymer U.K.   I bet you can play spot the British made component.  Chassis German, tyres Chinese,German fridge,  Swedish heating, build quality British  well done indeed a wise choice

If you haven’t got anything better than that in your repertoire, think you are best keeping it to yourself, not particularly helpful!

1 minute ago, farmershands said:

If you haven’t got anything better than that in your repertoire, think you are best keeping it to yourself, not particularly helpful!

Sorry exactly which part of my post was inaccurate?   Please be specific.   

1 minute ago, fred said:

Sorry exactly which part of my post was inaccurate?   Please be specific.   

Just not particularly friendly to a first poster who has bought a new van, which you are taking to pieces, just probably shows what kind of a person you are!

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, farmershands said:

Just not particularly friendly to a first poster who has bought a new van, which you are taking to pieces, just probably shows what kind of a person you are!

I think the OP set the scene.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, shipbroker said:

There for a buffet and a 10-% discount next weekend...but won't ask about your 'van!

geoff

We got 20% off at the Lawns show in September. And a list of manufacturer problems as long as your arm at delivery time.  But we love our Aruba!! 

Edited by THECDs

Ah...but ours has been going on for 25 years and we don't have to travel far!...and we get fed.

Geoff

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, fred said:

Tell me what isn't made like this?  However, I won't let the uncertainty of Brexit stop my buying and trying to at least save the jobs of those who put these things together.

13 hours ago, THECDs said:

Great move. We are loving our new Aruba. A few on going issues. Still working through the list with Catterick Caravans. Another week or two to see how well they deal with it and I’ll be back on here with a full review and insight. 

Hope all goes well.  Look forward to the review

8 hours ago, GB1309 said:

Don't like the Barracuda layout.

But admire your spirit, defiance and non PC posting!

Hope the van proves a delight.

Yours truly,

Battle hardened Buccaneer owner.

Many thanks.  I've owned several vans over the years and have always wanted a Buccaneer.  Let's hope all is well.  I can see a lot of people not liking the layout, not particularly family friendly but there's only the two of us.  

• Like 1

Notwithstanding the defects of the British Bulldog as a consequence of breeders taking things too far, let's remember why this breed is held so closely to our National identity.  Over the course of 350 years, until bull-baiting was banned in 1835, bulldogs were bred for aggression, and an 80-pound dog could easily bring down a bull weighing close to a ton by corkscrewing its own body around its neck, tossing the bull over its own center of gravity.  I'll stick with the Bulldog spirit.  

23 hours ago, chris76 said:

Good on ya, I absolutely love the barracuda but unfortunately Iv got 2 small kids so the wife said I wasn't allowed👍

Kids soon grow up unfortunately!

1 hour ago, farmershands said:

I like the fact that people can disagree and offer another view point.  I spent 22 years of my life ensuring that was the case.  No shine taken off my purchase and thanks for your comment

5 hours ago, GB1309 said:

Sorry. Didn't notice it was the OP's first post......after 7yrs. So a warm welcome from a fellow Buccaneer owner. (4 since 2011).

I'm going to presume Wayward Pilgrim has read widely in the interim period and so will be up to speed on these vans. I'd immodestly say it's bulldog spirit that has kept us in the frame despite well reported issues with a couple of ours. The current one has been and continues to be a joy and I can't wait to get back out in it.

GB.

Many thanks, 7 years since I joined tis forum!  Blimey, I did well to remember my password:D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fred said:

I’m not sure if you had forgotten, but this is afaik Your second Buccaneer.  You were so impressed with your first one, you rejected it and got your money back.   Hardly a ringing , endorsement once all the facts are known.  

The OP is buying the new model and not the old model!

Sorry but i must warn you. this is  a post from a good willing person that hs bought a buccaneer.He has not come on here to be slated at his first post.Wether it be british or not (Part or wholey) has no relavance. Every and all things Man made in this world comes from somewhere or another.And just because he has shown that he is not scared of the uk leaving ,that doesnt mean hes wrong,just his opinion.We dont go to other dealer areas on here slating them off so please dont come on to the Elddis caravans area  and run us down.

Ive just return from 4 days away to Northam farm site and must say that out of proberly 500 pitches 90% of the vans and motorhomes where Elddis.So they must be doing something right.

Topic case up as a ‘new post’ (that’s how I filter) and read it then responded - it’s not some illuminati plot against Hymer.

On 23/02/2019 at 23:42, fred said:

Says a man that has a Vw thats made in Bratislavia.

Which flavor thats the question, salted or sweet.

Come on !!! the mans bought a new caravan,just because its not your choice,Its his choice and YOU(FRED) should not slate him for his choice