Llew

Caravan insurance due

On 08/03/2019 at 16:44, Guzzilazz said:

I had quotes for our first caravan insurance, I searched pretty much high and low.  CMC, recommendations from here, and also found that Comparthemarket have a separate Caravan search facility...  CMC were north of £500, for stuff that I didn't want (particularly Euro for the first year).  All quotes were for New for old, on the basis that it will be a brand new caravan, fitted with alarm, ATC, hub lock, tracker etc as comes with a new Unicorn  Also no NCD. The cheapest came in from comparethemarket, at £276, but was through a broker that I couldn't find anything about (Pen Insurance) and I was uneasy about that.

Saga quoted £320 and the policy was written very clearly... 

Just insured our new caravan. We are very similar to you. New caravanners and a brand new van (Bailey Phoenix Platinum 640) with the same security devises but no tracker and no NCD. £290 with Caravan Guard. Got the quote online and confirmed over the phone. Very clear information and very helpful. Collecting it next Tuesday!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, TonyandKaren said:

but was through a broker that I couldn't find anything about (Pen Insurance) and I was uneasy about that.

One of the biggest underwriters in UK. with 1500 brokers in their fold.

geoff

Edited by shipbroker