Strong/ light and dry. They must be joking.

Scoobz

So just had my fifth service and for the third year running Damp. Not just a bit of damp, a lot of damp. My Elddis Avante 540 2013 is riddled with it. By the door and the cupboard and wall wheel arch I have from 40% to 60% readings and on the other side of the van from the wardrobe, behind cabinet, fridge and front couch I have 90 % damp( you can even see the water under the flooring under the front couch. Along with two rear panels, floor being reinforced and numerous faults over the years I can safely say I have purchased a massive piece of junk. I am totally devastated and while I’m trying to fight poor health I have this on my plate. 

I honestly don’t know we’re to go now as either way it’s going to be a long drawn out stressful affair.  

Is it still under warranty ? How long since you purchased it and did it have any damp reports and what was the readings as it is strange such high readings in a number of areas . From years of experience of caravans and damp reports they usually start low and then increase in time . Anything over 60% is wet and you can free it without a meter .

Dave

The previous two damp reading they got repaired under warranty I presume?

1 hour ago, CommanderDave said:

Is it still under warranty ? How long since you purchased it and did it have any damp reports and what was the readings as it is strange such high readings in a number of areas . From years of experience of caravans and damp reports they usually start low and then increase in time . Anything over 60% is wet and you can free it without a meter .

Dave

Yes Dave. It has the ten year warranty, but at what point do you say enough is enough. From the minute we purchased the van( brand new in 2013) we have had nothing but trouble, sadly the last three years have been worse. But now there is large areas that has it bad in the floors as well as walls. 

41 minutes ago, David 38 said:

The previous two damp reading they got repaired under warranty I presume?

Correct David. The first one was along the fix bed were the outside locker was only being held in with silicon, not glue or any screws just silicon. So apart from under the near side couch damp has got in the rest of the van.

Not a nice history, so  what are dealer/Elddis saying now to make you happy?

58 minutes ago, David 38 said:

Not a nice history, so  what are dealer/Elddis saying now to make you happy?

Hi David, no an absolute awful history. Sadly Elddis had to intervene when the dealer acted appallingly on the first damp claim. When I stated I wasn’t happy with the van and amount of things that was going wrong, I was told by there service manager to go and get a good solicitor.Elddis intervened and told me to use another dealer or repairer which they recommended. This is what we had to do.

so sadly I’m in the wilderness regarding dealer and as far as Elddis are concerned they would rather it just kept getting patched up no matter the amount of distress and awkwardness it is to me, and for the amount of time and times it is getting repaired.

As it's turned out  when advised to get a solicitor might have been a better choice but hind sight can be a wonderful thing but not helping.

I guess in due course you will post what the dealer(s) responses are and also Elddis, hopefully then others with experience can advise you on next step.

If it was me my first move would be getting a solicitor to write to Elddis detailing the catalogue of defects and asking what sort of compensation and/or discount off a new caravan they are prepared to offer OR you will go onto social media. A letter will cost you about 30 quid and could be a worthwhile investment.

My son reckons the best way of “shaming” companies is to resort to social media (Facebook being his favoured option) 

It has worked for him a few times. Companies REALLY don’t like negative stuff on Facebook so it might just be worth a go.

Andy

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

58 minutes ago, David 38 said:

As it's turned out  when advised to get a solicitor might have been a better choice but hind sight can be a wonderful thing but not helping.

I guess in due course you will post what the dealer(s) responses are and also Elddis, hopefully then others with experience can advise you on next step.

41 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

If it was me my first move would be getting a solicitor to write to Elddis detailing the catalogue of defects and asking what sort of compensation and/or discount off a new caravan they are prepared to offer OR you will go onto social media. A letter will cost you about 30 quid and could be a worthwhile investment.

My son reckons the best way of “shaming” companies is to resort to social media (Facebook being his favoured option) 

It has worked for him a few times. Companies REALLY don’t like negative stuff on Facebook so it might just be worth a go.

Andy

Thank you to both of you in taking time to reply. I have spoken briefly to a solicitor late this afternoon who is going to call me back tomorrow to go through my problem in more detail and hopefully give me some sound advice.

It is so demoralising to think that something I had spent a lot of money on for the one reason of giving my family and I some great memories and happiness, Has done the complete opposite. Regards Steve.

18 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

Andy

Good suggestion in first paragraph and it may work.  The newer ones do seem to be better built although as we have seen some people still have an issue. 

The problem with FB is that Elddis remove any negative posts however I am not aware if there is a platform for airing one's views of a product..

7 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

....however I am not aware if there is a platform for airing one's views of a product..

Trust Pilot ?

27 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

Good suggestion in first paragraph and it may work.  The newer ones do seem to be better built although as we have seen some people still have an issue. 

The problem with FB is that Elddis remove any negative posts however I am not aware if there is a platform for airing one's views of a product..

How can they remove a post you have put on, unless it's on their facebook site?

Just post it somewhere else and ask people to post it in to their friends.

However, the solicitor's letter is a better approach.

6 minutes ago, daveat92 said:

How can they remove a post you have put on, unless it's on their facebook site?

Just post it somewhere else and ask people to post it in to their friends.

However, the solicitor's letter is a better approach.

I am not that familiar with FB and was referring to their FB page as it seems pointless posting something negative elsewhere.