Truma fire , 07 elddis odyssey 543

ladydode100

Can anyone tell me what to check on our truma ultraheat fire which isn't putting out any heat on electric, we don't use gas.

Thanks Dode.

Hi Ladydode, could you give us a bit more information about the problem, and in particular what you have checked out so far?

For instance, are other 240v items working okay, have you checked fuses and trips, are all the appropriate switches turned on, and did the fire work okay recently?

John

Hi Johnaldo,

Ihavent checked anything as complete numpty, but all other 240v appliances working, fuses and trips all ok, last time we were out it worked fine a few month ago, but, the front was loose, must have worked free in transit, but seemed to go back ok ...ish, ?

https://www.caravantalk.co.uk/community/topic/82831-swift-challenger-truma-ultraheat/ is a pinned topic in the heating sub-forum that explains how the Ultraheat works and should be used...  with common faults explained, too.

Worth a read through?

• Like 1

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

After checking as per Johnaldo's advice as above, if other 230v items are working OK you need to get a competent person to check it out. No offence intended, but for safety's sake if you need to ask and as a self confessed "numpty", you would be wise to get someone in.

Edited by Stevan

6 minutes ago, ladydode100 said:

… the front was loose, must have worked free in transit, but seemed to go back ok ...ish, ?

This may be a hint as to what may be going wrong.  I'm not sure if all Trumas are the same, but mine had a battery pack at the bottom behind the cover which provided the spark to ignite the fire - it may be that this has become disconneced or that the batteries need replacing.

John

9 minutes ago, Johnaldo said:

This may be a hint as to what may be going wrong.  I'm not sure if all Trumas are the same, but mine had a battery pack at the bottom behind the cover which provided the spark to ignite the fire - it may be that this has become disconneced or that the batteries need replacing.

Irrelevant to the electric 240V operation, though; and OP stated "we don't use gas"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

6 hours ago, Rodders53 said:

Irrelevant to the electric 240V operation, though; and OP stated "we don't use gas"

Oops, apologies.

John