Hi I have just purchased a sterling Eccles 545 2012 and I want to buy an awning for it, now it’s measurements say it’s 999 cm is this the correct size or does it need to be slightly bigger ? Thanks for any help 

On 11/02/2019 at 16:03, Martyng1234 said:

Hi I have just purchased a sterling Eccles 545 2012 and I want to buy an awning for it, now it’s measurements say it’s 999 cm is this the correct size or does it need to be slightly bigger ? Thanks for any help 

Each awning size covers a range of caravan sizes, and different awning makers use different ranges, perhaps 980cm to 1010cm and this would be the one for you.

Only stray outside the range if you are very close. Too big an awning will be impossible to tension properly, too small and you may get gaps at the bottom which let draughts through. Uneven ground can be particularly problematic if your awning is even slightly out the wrong way.

• Thanks 1

Awning size.jpg

To confirm the correct size, measure from the ground (A) via the awning channel (B) back to the ground (C) and this dimension in centimetres is the size of the awning to fit your caravan. Buy an awning whose A to C dimension is either equal or slightly longer than your measurement.

Hi

Do you think it could be a 554 and not 545 as stated above ??

If so a 1000 size awning would be the best one to purchase if Isabella or Ventura ,if Dorema then a size 14 (975-1000)  ,if Bradcot then a size 990 would be a good fit ,hope this info helps

Overall your best bet would be an awning with an A measure of 1000cm

Steve

• Like 1

How are you thinking of buying, new or secondhand?   From local dealer or Internet?

Buy  an Isabella Magnum Porch , it awning will last you for years and if you change the van you do not need to change or alter the awning, simple, and will save you loads of dosh in the long run 

• Like 1