TenStar

Gas connection.

Couple of quereis Re. 2019 Cartagena. ..

1) Do the come with pig tail to connect to gas cylinder?

2) Assuming answer to above is YES is the pigtail for propane or butain?

The new caravan doesn't come with a pigtail, however your supplying dealer should provide the pigtail to suit your current cylinder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grandpa Steve said:

The new caravan doesn't come with a pigtail, however your supplying dealer should provide the pigtail to suit your current cylinder.

Either for free/included in the purchase price - or they may charge you for it (and even for fitting/testing)...

Why not just ask the supplier?

Any other reply on here is meaningless!

• Confused 1

51 minutes ago, daveat92 said:

Fact - They don't come with a pigtail

Fact - It could be either for free/included in the purchase price - or they may charge you for it (and even for fitting/testing)...

The OP asked for advice, the replies are based on experience so never meaningless.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, daveat92 said:

What is the point of having a forum if all the reply is meaningless?

• Like 1

Every new caravan  I bought has had a pigtail supplied by dealer, yes suitable for either gas.

geoff

6 minutes ago, shipbroker said:

Every new caravan  I bought has had a pigtail supplied by dealer, yes suitable for either gas.

geoff

Are you sure that's corect, Geoff?   The reason I ask is that I've always been asked which gas I'm intending to use.   And if you go on-line to the caravan accessory retailers, they're all labelled as either propane or butane.

John

Dealer always asks me whether I want pigtails for butane or propane, and they are supplied without extra charge.

Edited by hp100425ev

Not with caravan but dealer asked which gas and type and fitted one at no extra charge.

59 minutes ago, Grandpa Steve said:

Fact - They don't come with a pigtail

Fact - It could be either for free/included in the purchase price - or they may charge you for it (and even for fitting/testing)...

The OP asked for advice, the replies are based on experience so never meaningless.

The reply on here is meaningless because the supplier's decision is the only one that matters, not the opinion of of anyone on here.

Assuming the OP is going to buy or collect  the van in question, it's a contractual issue between him and the supplier.

No matter what opinion is on here, the supplier will take no notice.

Not giving opinions I think we just saying what our experiences have been.

• Thanks 1

Just now, daveat92 said:

The reply on here is meaningless because the supplier's decision is the only one that matters, not the opinion of of anyone on here.

Assuming the OP is going to buy or collect  the van in question, it's a contractual issue between him and the supplier.

No matter what opinion is on here, the supplier will take no notice.

The OP  didn't ask what their particular supplier would do or offer.

The OP asked:- 1) Do they come with pig tail to connect to gas cylinder?  - Factual answer is No

and  2) Assuming answer to above is YES is the pigtail for propane or butane? - Factual answer is the one you  get whether free, in the deal, or at a cost will be the one you need for your particular gas cylinder.

All the replies are factual and will help the OP,  so none are meaningless.

The replies are not meaningless if op now armed with other people's experiences is better aware, therefore make a more informed judgement as to his dealers demands being fair or not

Edited by Arc Systems
Typo

I have a surplus of pigtails from all the vans I have bought but I stick with a lifetime steel braided thing I bought - great quality too - PM if you want the supplier

No pigtail supplied with my new van and consequently will be using steel braided ones I bought and removed from the old van (which again did not come with pigtails supplied)

Funny, we get a new pig tail as you call it and a new bottle and a new battery and new Aquaroll and waste / grey water container with our second hand UK caravans sold here in NZ !

• Like 1

Every Bailey caravan is supplied to the dealer with a propane pigtail, it comes in what Bailey calls a "kit box" but its really a polythene bag with a few bits in it 

• Thanks 1

Thanks all. Dealer had said it will have propane pig tail fitted on delivery.

Was just curious as to experienced of others not knowing what was normal. ..