Caravan and Motorhome Club - not insurance?

LittleGreyCat

Understood now.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

41 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

Issue is if your caravan is in storage and you breakdown on the way home.   They are obliged to take you to the storage depot or your residence or a garage but not both.   If you need to be taken home or to a garage after dropping the caravan off at the storage you need to pay or vice versa etc!

Not sure that is true as a member of my family have had their caravan taken to storage and continued to a garage near to their home for repair. .

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

1 hour ago, kiaboy said:

Not sure that is true as a member of my family have had their caravan taken to storage and continued to a garage near to their home for repair. .

Durbanite is quoting information provided By CMC following their discussion with Greenflag/Mayday

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

1 hour ago, Easy T said:

Durbanite is quoting information provided By CMC following their discussion with Greenflag/Mayday

I am just saying what actually happened

2013(13) Sorento KX2 2. 2 Diesel Manual, (With smelling clutch) Glittering Metal (Metallic Grey) dragging a 2020 Coachman VIP 520 with a Powrtouch Evolution Motor Mover (Towing @ 80. 0%) :)

2 hours ago, kiaboy said:

I am just saying what actually happened

I know KB. I have been happy with Mayday. However the people at Greenflag apparently told CMC staff that it should not happen that car and caravan are taken to two locations other than when bound for a holiday destination that is prebooked. . Maybe it was a favour? However were I in that position I would not wish to rely on grace and favour. CMC stated that it was not possible to return car and caravan to two separate locations but if a member had their super cover then if the car and caravan were brought home the supercover would arrange the caravans relocation if a member had taken out that cover with them . .... not something I would want late at night or any time.  

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

10 hours ago, Easy T said:

I know KB. I have been happy with Mayday. However the people at Greenflag apparently told CMC staff that it should not happen that car and caravan are taken to two locations other than when bound for a holiday destination that is prebooked. . Maybe it was a favour? However were I in that position I would not wish to rely on grace and favour. CMC stated that it was not possible to return car and caravan to two separate locations but if a member had their super cover then if the car and caravan were brought home the supercover would arrange the caravans relocation if a member had taken out that cover with them . .... not something I would want late at night or any time.  

There is a big issue if you break down on the way home on a Sunday or Bank Holiday.   Mayday may take the two units to either storage, residence or garage.   If the garage is closed do you really want the car and caravan left there.  

If the driver was kind enough to drop the caravan off at the storage would you still want the car to be dropped off at the garage and left unsecure or perhaps the driver leaves you and the car at the closed garage and you need to find your own way home with all the luggage in the back of the car.   We have the premium cover and we are not covered for this sort of eventuality which we hope will never happen.

I have limited mobility and would have 3 dogs travelling with us so cannot expect the wife to carry the luggage and manage three dogs!  I am surprised that this has not come up before?  I contacted the CMC direct and standard reply was that they are investigating.

I broke down in Scotland on a Bank Holiday and the contractor said in was a 'no brainer' that I would be better off at home than on someones forecourt, he swapped vehicles for a larger outfit and brought me back home. The following week I had the car taken to a garage,again on a contractor. ..as a separate event really.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

3 minutes ago, shipbroker said:

I broke down in Scotland on a Bank Holiday and the contractor said in was a 'no brainer' that I would be better off at home than on someones forecourt, he swapped vehicles for a larger outfit and brought me back home. The following week I had the car taken to a garage,again on a contractor. ..as a separate event really.

geoff

We have had breakdowns with the caravan in tow previously but only involving punctures and no issues.   Apparently this storage issue is a new thing which may leave some members high a dry!

Does this issue affect the Red Pennant policy or is it uk based ins cover?