Sign in to follow this  
SamD

Interesting gadget!

It seems you still need to adjust the height and make the electrical connections.  Also a mover would still be needed to get on some pitches and drives.  Oh, and what about the stabiliser?

But it’s nice to see some innovation going on.

John

How does that system articulate round corners?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, JCloughie said:

It seems you still need to adjust the height and make the electrical connections.  Also a mover would still be needed to get on some pitches and drives.  Oh, and what about the stabiliser?

But it’s nice to see some innovation going on.

John

John, I think the electrics are within the connection but you are right, there are issues seemingly not addressed.

I am wondering how sharp a turn you can make when reversing without it detaching the electrics.   Good idea if it has built in stabiliser and electrics.   How does it detach itself?  Is a driver required for either movement?

I agree with Durbanite, can't quite see how it handle corners unless it is a 'ball n socket' type of connection.

However I think the best 'gadget' to come out in recent years is the reversing camera - now I can place the towball exactly under the hitch and it means I need no assistance at all to hitch up and go - well apart from perhaps double checking that the van's rear lights are working correctly.

No more Navy Lark  'left a bit', 'right a bit' etc etc.

• Thanks 1

As said where does articulate for turning ?

Breakaway or secondary coupling seems missing ?

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

20 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

I am wondering how sharp a turn you can make when reversing without it detaching the electrics.   Good idea if it has built in stabiliser and electrics.   How does it detach itself?  Is a driver required for either movement?

10 minutes ago, The road toad said:

I agree with Durbanite, can't quite see how it handle corners unless it is a 'ball n socket' type of connection.

However I think the best 'gadget' to come out in recent years is the reversing camera - now I can place the towball exactly under the hitch and it means I need no assistance at all to hitch up and go - well apart from perhaps double checking that the van's rear lights are working correctly.

No more Navy Lark  'left a bit', 'right a bit' etc etc.

I suppose the area covered by the rubber gaiter is a universal joint?  The jockey has no handle so presume height is adjusted by. ....???

Edited by SamD

More logical would be for it all to be contained within the trailer or caravan, integrated with the motor mover and a jockey wheel which raises and lowers automatically onto a standard 50mm ball with a self setting stabiliser. All the technology exists, just needs someone with deep pockets to design and develop the product.

Edited by Stevan

Come to think of it, why do we still have remote controls for movers, when we could have an app for our phones (with auto stop when the phone rings for safety)?

13 minutes ago, Stevan said:

Come to think of it, why do we still have remote controls for movers, when we could have an app for our phones (with auto stop when the phone rings for safety)?

Er,  I don’t have a mobile phone .

• Haha 1

Have this app on my mobile for my Reich.

Lack of breakaway cable and stabiliser are a concern and obviously have not been taken into account as that hook up seems to have been designed for horse boxes.   If the trailer's jockey wheel has an electric motor to raise and lower the wheel, surely that will have a drama tic effect on the nose weight.   Many tow bars seem to have a maximum of 150kg load and going any higher than that surely may cause an unstable load as the weight of the A frame will be pressing down the rear and lifting the front of the towing vehicle that is if the towing vehicle is a normal 4x4 under 3500kg.

So how is the handbrake released?

Or is it replaced with something electronic.

If ever anything like that were to become available, I couldn’t see it being available retrospectively, except perhaps on cars which already have self parking technology.

I think it creates more problems than it solves!  :D

I will go for the glass half full approach, what a brilliant concept.

Looks to me as if it was designed by someone who has very sparse knowledge of the issues involved in towing.

It looks like the ladies have been a bit fixated on something else with their design.

image.thumb.png.4b6578bf44d8a503dc03d0d1084e1919.png

• Haha 1