So after finding a solution to one problem I find one even worse, damp at both read end corners of caravan, does anyone know someone near Edinburgh mobile who could help me out? Or any thing I can do to fix? 

For now you can warm the caravan up and see how it goes. This time of year you will get condensation in the cold corners of the caravan on the wall surface but if the walls coverings are bubbling then that might indicate water in the wall boards. A cure might just mean applying sealant on the outside joints but if the walls have gone soft/rotted then that might mean possibly replacing bits.

5 minutes ago, Paul1957 said:

For now you can warm the caravan up and see how it goes. This time of year you will get condensation in the cold corners of the caravan on the wall surface but if the walls coverings are bubbling then that might indicate water in the wall boards. A cure might just mean applying sealant on the outside joints but if the walls have gone soft/rotted then that might mean possibly replacing bits.

I can't see any and didn't see any signs of damp inside the caravan but  it's on the caravan chassis it's quit wet I'm just not sure how I find where the water is coming from 

If it is on the chassis, has it not just been thrown up off the road from the wheels and not dried out yet ? Our car is wet from all the salt put on the roads. If it is from the road it is likely to be dirty, you could swill it off and then it ought to dry out. If it has come from inside the caravan that can only happen if you are using water inside it and there is a leak and then the water would likely be clean.

This time of year the steel chassis will, at times be well below freezing temperature and water will readily condense out of damp air onto it just as it does on a car. It's nothing to worry about.  

20 hours ago, Paul1957 said:

If it is on the chassis, has it not just been thrown up off the road from the wheels and not dried out yet ? Our car is wet from all the salt put on the roads. If it is from the road it is likely to be dirty, you could swill it off and then it ought to dry out. If it has come from inside the caravan that can only happen if you are using water inside it and there is a leak and then the water would likely be clean.

I would hope so but unfortunitly I don't think so it seems quite wet do you think this metal bit which is loose would be causing it? 

IMG_20190204_090428.jpg

IMG_20190204_090450.jpg

1 hour ago, DaveMiller said:

This time of year the steel chassis will, at times be well below freezing temperature and water will readily condense out of damp air onto it just as it does on a car. It's nothing to worry about.  

Just now, Louise1987 said:

I would hope so but unfortunitly I don't think so it seems quite wet do you think this metal bit which is loose would be causing it? 

IMG_20190204_090428.jpg

IMG_20190204_090450.jpg

1 hour ago, DaveMiller said:

Sorry is the chassis the metal I'm wrong then it's on the corners of the wood under the caravan 

At this time of year damp anywhere on the outside is going to happen from condensation and is no big deal.

Far more important is a proper damp test inside!

This loose trim should be investigated, but it can wait for better weather.

I am not sure, but it looks as if the plywood is splitting a bit and maybe rain is running down the awning rail and getting in to the plywood. It might help if something plastic/polythene could be stuck over the sides extending down below a bit so rain water does not get to the plywood and then it ought to dry out.

I also think the problem lies with the missing awning rail infill (herzim strip) you can buy more and let it hang down or push a cable tie into the rail to act as a drainpipe.

I really ought to do a new picture with my new super white herzim strips, but you can see what I mean :)

5ab7bc22547e3_5ab755c8e5af7_post-384-0-16918100-13569065361.jpg.c543c949fa6d60fad8320639a10569571.jpg.60eb97c9252b183003d766b479303bf8[1].jpg

Thnams so much guys gonna give everything a try 

Someone suggested getting plastic angle to secure a r und the bottom to.let the rain drain off. Anyone. Know what size angle would be good 20by20 or 40by40

To me it looks like rain water damage as it is only wet and stained in the corners which would indicate a seal leaking somewhere possibly awning rails or a window surround .

Have you got a rear bathroom with shower as it looks like a drain pipe in the pictures ? 

Water and leaks in caravans can be very difficult to trace as the water can get in a wall and come out somewhere else .as it tracks along the wall framework .

Dave

Someone suggested getting plastic angle to secure a r und the bottom to.let the rain drain off. Anyone. Know what size angle would be good 20by20 or 40by40. 

It has an end kitchen and end bathroom. Finding the leak. Is. My. Problem I don't know how to

Even foam (draft excluder type) stuck to the bottom of the rear panel will help the water to drip from the plastic rather than onto the wood, however some herzim strip that hanging down from the awning rail is still essential to act as a drain pipe, otherwise all the rain that tracts down from the awning rail will run underneath onto the wooden flooring.

Self adhesive mini trunking onto the underneath of the back panel would also work and it would look the part, screwfix etc

Maybe a bit of plastic sheet from some food packing could be pushed up under the end of the awning rail and long enough to reach the side rail and extend down below the side an inch or so. Using some sealant on it or waterproof tape to stick it to the side of the wall would do as a quick fix. This would then take any rain away from the underside and drip it on the ground.

B&Q sell plastic angle if you wanted to look/buy some.

Edited by Paul1957