looking for a touring caravan site for sea fishing

Angry

Hi all. .

I'm  looking for caravan sites for this year for short breaks . ...

Needs to be very close  to the sea where fishing is available from a Pier, beach or even a charter boat. .

Anywhere from Kent to as far west as Devon.   The only one I know is Hastings in East Sussex. .

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Norman's bay site is a few yards from the beach .

https://www. campingandcaravanningclub. co. uk/campsites/uk/eastsussex/pevensey/normansbay

Or

https://www. freshwaterbeach. co. uk

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

thanks for reply Commander Dave. .  Yes the one in Normans bay is the only one I know of and have booked. .  Do you know anywhere else?   this is an island so there must be somewhere??

15 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

Being a regular visitor to Normans Bay - at least twice a year in the last 10 + years, I have yet to see anybody catch anything beach casting.

Still it's a hobby.

Edited by springtime

Willerby Avonmore previous kit VW Splitty Camper,Ford Transit Camper, Commer Highwayman, Sprite Alpine Caravan, Rapids Export Folding Caravan, Fiat Autosleeper Harmony, Ci Granduca Motorhome, McLouis Glen 432 Motorhome, American RV Trail-Lite twin slide outs 8.2ltr petrol/lpg, Lunar Solaris Limited Edition Caravan.

Kessingland Beach CMC, Suffolk:   you see the lamps of fishermen at night.

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini towed by 2019 Ford Galaxy Titanium X, 2.0 EcoBlue, 8 speed auto.

• 11 months later...

Brean (Nr Weston Super Mare)?

Channel View touring site is pretty good(preferably "The Paddock)where you are literally 6 ft from the beach with wonderful views across the channel.

Good toilets/showers and washing up facilities but very popular in peak season so you have to book.

Were going back down there early May to try out our new(to us)caravan. 

Plenty of sites around Weymouth in Dorset.

Beach fishing off Chesil Beach. Rock fishing off Portland, boat trips out of Weymouth (reef and wreck fishing) 

Andy

Experience is something you acquire after you have an urgent need for it.

Chesil beach, fantastic for mackerel when I was there years ago. Caught a bucket full every session, took them back to the site and gave excess to other caravaners. 

A long way from Yorkshire but it was worth it at the time.