Small wall plug heater

I am thinking of getting one of these heaters, has any one tried them?  Handy for popping in a suitcase or using in the caravan.

plug heater.jpg

Why would you want to heat a suitcase?????:P

Why would you want to use a 400w heater in the van when you have at least 5Kw of heat producing appliances already in there?

Looking at the advert they are suggesting that one can be used in a bathroom,,,,,,,,,,no it cannot, that would be illegal and highly dangerous …………..says a lot about the company selling them !!!!

Edited by Brecon

Not illegal and the danger depends on the activity and location within the bathroom and should be plugged in 3 metres from shower or bath.  

Edited by Easy T

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Read the reviews, I did and cancelled my order. Very poor heating in limited space.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Don't know anything about this heater but I've got a 400 watt wall heater that heats the bathroom very well, if I leave the bathroom door open it also keeps the whole van gently warm and saves using the main heating.

It would be OK in a small camper van as long as you don't open the door for a moment and let the heat out :lol:

Low wattages can work well however. In 1971 when at college in Leeds I took on an old 3 storey terraced house. It had 4 bedrooms and a front living room to use as a bedroom, large sitting room and kitchen scullery. The college term was 2 weeks in and so I did a deal with the landlord for a lower rent on the agreement that I would fill it over the next few weeks and he could then get closer to his asking price.   So there were three large bedrooms, a very large room in the front room, all high ceilings and I chose the small bedroom about 7' by 7'. My heating through the winter was a 150w light bulb on 24/7 in winter. Others in larger rooms were in say 6 hours before bed and (on average) 5 days a week. They used slightly more eleccy than I did but ny room was always comfortable. Yes I never had problems with light disrupting my sleep 

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Not heard good things about these heaters - 'pretty hopeless' was the best!

In general you shouldn't have sockets in bathrooms (home or van) so nowhere to plug it into anyway.

I don't think wattage is the problem as I run my van's Ultraheat on just a bit more (500W) amd it does a very good job.

John

4 hours ago, Paul1957 said:

400 watts will not heat a room up, you can get a hair dryer for something small that gives out a lot more heat.

We ran our Truma Ultraheat on 500w in Autumn and Spring for many years, only going up to 1000w in Winter or 2000w when sub-zero.

3 hours ago, Johnaldo said:

I don't think wattage is the problem as I run my van's Ultraheat on just a bit more (500W) amd it does a very good job.

John

Edited by Black Grouse

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

I would prefer to buy a small radiator of about 500w which I would be happier leaving unattended or at night .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .