Sign in to follow this  
Nogger

Open ticket

I’m thinking of giving a touring holiday abroad a try with my Coachman this year, which ever destination I decide on can I book 

an open return ticket on whatever way I choose to reach France or Spain 

No, sorry. You have to book a single to go out then book the homeward half on line  a few days in advance when you are  ready to return and when you have decided  which way you want to come back.  

Edited by moorgate
  • Like 1

You can book a flexi open time for the tunnel. but thats same place both ways. what you mean is leave uk at dover and return santander to plymought etc?

14 hours ago, smino0_1 said:

You can book a flexi open time for the tunnel. but thats same place both ways. what you mean is leave uk at dover and return santander to plymought etc?

but have you seen the massive difference in price for the Flexi ticket over the standard one

Just book a few days before coming back if you're prepared to use the shorter crossings - as Moorgate says. All you need is an internet connection.   We do it every time as we never have any idea when we'll be returning until just a day or two before.   However, if you wanted to return via Santander then it would be a different story and you would probably need to book in advance.

ValA is right - a short notice reservation can be trickier if coming back from Spain - though on those routes it's the overnight cabins which sometimes sell out quicker than space on the car decks.  So if push comes to shove it might be overnight in a reclining seat with a sleeping bag ( which is better than surviving an Economy flight to Australia after all )  unless smiles to the customer service desk on board can find a cancelled cabin.  

Edited by moorgate