Sign in to follow this  
B1ngo

Lunar spares availability.

Our Clubman ES suffered a scrape and some denting last July. We had an inspection done at our local main dealer and the parts were ordered. That was last August. 6 (Six) months ago. I've nudged elbows on a couple of occasions - and got the 'We'll check up with Lunar again' reply. Nothing happens. It's a length of awning rail, a fridge vent cover and a wheel spat. How long can parts take - are Lunar really this bad on parts delivery?

Yes they are as you will see from previous threads. ...this is not a recent thing as I had similar problems 12 years ago. ...

geoff

Regular complaint on here,one of the reasons I would never buy a Lunar.

Ian

Few warranty issues identified on first service October 2017. Repairs finally carried out March 2018.

Not sure its a problem exclusive to Lunar.

6 hours ago, B1ngo said:

Our Clubman ES suffered a scrape and some denting last July. We had an inspection done at our local main dealer and the parts were ordered. That was last August. 6 (Six) months ago. I've nudged elbows on a couple of occasions - and got the 'We'll check up with Lunar again' reply. Nothing happens. It's a length of awning rail, a fridge vent cover and a wheel spat. How long can parts take - are Lunar really this bad on parts delivery?

If it’s an insurance claim why is the dealer waiting for Lunar to supply the parts ?

The fridge vent cover should be available from the fridge manufacturer as a spare, and Lunar don’t make their own awning rails, they are just an aluminium extrusion, it just a case of finding the company that makes them - try an internet search.

otherwise the name of Lunars MD is Brian Mellor, and their phone number is 01772337628

Took them over a year to find replacement parts ' we need them in the factory for new models' was excuse given. ..it wasn't an insurance claim but a warranty matter. .which dealer repaired in the end as no  positive response from factory.

geoff

10 hours ago, Millstone said:

Lunar don’t make their own awning rails, they are just an aluminium extrusion

I damaged my rear near side rail a couple of years ago, dealer said it comes bent to shape these days so needed to be ordered from Lunar.  In my case it came within 1 week.  However, on another occasion, it took them 6 months to replace a warped wardrobe door, and then they sent the wrong one.

John

13 hours ago, Millstone said:

If it’s an insurance claim why is the dealer waiting for Lunar to supply the parts ?

The fridge vent cover should be available from the fridge manufacturer as a spare, and Lunar don’t make their own awning rails, they are just an aluminium extrusion, it just a case of finding the company that makes them - try an internet search.

otherwise the name of Lunars MD is Brian Mellor, and their phone number is 01772337628

Nice one Millstone - I'll ask the question when I do  a face to face next week. ...-

3 hours ago, JCloughie said:

I damaged my rear near side rail a couple of years ago, dealer said it comes bent to shape these days so needed to be ordered from Lunar.  In my case it came within 1 week.  However, on another occasion, it took them 6 months to replace a warped wardrobe door, and then they sent the wrong one.

John

13 hours ago, Millstone said:

Mind you - wheel spat. ..

Did the face to face at the main dealers - one phone call to the parts department and  lo and behold - the parts are suddenly and miraculously all in stock. Booked in for fixing in April.  9 months. Express service.

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 19:56, Tandem Man said:

Regular complaint on here,one of the reasons I would never buy a Lunar.

Ian

My First Lunar, pleased with it but I would seriously consider whether to buy one again due to this issue

We had an issue with our Delta TI and three months later it still was not resolved.   I wrote to the dealer and also the finance company complaining about it.   The parts were delivered the following week and fitted within a fortnight.  

A very good reason to buy a caravan and have some finance on HP as you are protected.   We have had to do this twice since as IMHO waiting more than a month for parts is unreasonable.

I have a Lunar Clubman ES 2009 on which I have broken the off side rear, grey plastic, light cluster surround and cannot find one anywhere, either as separate item or a full light assembly or even from a breaker.  Several Lunar dealers inform me that Lunar don't provide parts of any of their caravans over 5 years old.  This is appalling and will NEVER consider buying Lunar again.  Anyone with any ideas please message me.

Mod edit: We don't allow tel numbers nor email addresses so please use the PM system.

Posted (edited)
On 19/04/2019 at 13:47, WhatcanIdo said:

I have a Lunar Clubman ES 2009 on which I have broken the off side rear, grey plastic, light cluster surround and cannot find one anywhere, either as separate item or a full light assembly or even from a breaker.  Several Lunar dealers inform me that Lunar don't provide parts of any of their caravans over 5 years old.  This is appalling and will NEVER consider buying Lunar again.  Anyone with any ideas please message me.

Mod edit: We don't allow tel numbers nor email addresses so please use the PM system.

Found This you dont say which side https://sfmcaravans.co.uk/products/hella-lunar-n-s-r-light-cluster-1

Connie

Edited by Connie

Since November 2018 Lunar have undertaken a radical new approach to parts supply and are currently operating in line with other mainstream suppliers time wise for supply.

Anyone who is still waiting should contact Lunar customer care as there are a few orders that may have dropped through the cracks so to speak however in the main the service has improved tenfold.