Truma Ultraheat US on electric.

No green light, and no heat on electric.   Have changed fuse.

Previously, the switch was hard/very difficult to switch on, or off.   Did managed to switch it down for on, but no success. BIL is hopefully bringing a replacement switch out to Spain next week.

If that doesn't work, any ideas what to try next please ?

Edited by Guest
Addition

Your description of the difficulty with the switch is a very strong indicator that you have found the fault.

Next check would be to confirm power to the switch.

If the new switch does not cure the problem, then with no green light on the control dial it means that the PCB has failed. (it has a small transformer on it that supplies the power to the green light).

Jim.    If he doesn't bring you a new one and if it's the type with the switch for the three temperatures, pop down, I think I have a spare in one of my boxes.     The wiring loom just plugs in.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Thanks John.

The "three setting" thermostat switch seems OK. It's the main on/off switch, with the 10 amp fuse, which seems suspect.

BIL lands next Tuesday. I'll keep you informed John.

Many thanks everyone.

If it's the same switch as here

Don't buy the same one, get a 13 Amp switched spur, with or without the neon and if the heating has the same switch replace that too!

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

Thanks for the info on these switches.   I woke up to a cold van and the switch arcing, I bypassed the switch using an immersion heater timer. I must admit that I hadn't thought about the water heater using the same switch, l will have to get it changed.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, wigandiver said:

Wunny,  I tried to send you a photo of the switch, but without success.

Please send me a pm with you email address.

Thanks,

Jim.

Done! 

If an email address  is put on the message service on CT.  

It sees a full stop and inserts a space so btinternet. com, or any email address with a 'dot' in it with have spaces inserted - there is no space in what I have typed, but I daresay it will  when I submit the reply - really useful!

Edited by Wunny
see, it's done it

1 hour ago, Zeberdee said:

Thanks for the info on these switches.   I woke up to a cold van and the switch arcing, I bypassed the switch using an immersion heater timer. I must admit that I hadn't thought about the water heater using the same switch, l will have to get it changed.

Pleased to have been of service.  

From my experience and that of others like yourself, the switches do not appear to be fit for purpose and they will have been fitted to many caravan makes, not just Bailey.   Unfortunately all will be out of warranty now, not that Bailey overly cared when I told them about the faulty switches whilst in warranty.

But on the plus side, it is an inexpensive fix and if you can DIY it, it's easily done.   But for those who 'cannot even wire a plug', get someone who can, to do it and make sure the EHU is unplugged before any work is done.

The white plastic, below the live feed connection, had melted.  

The wires were securely fixed, so perhaps, as Wunny suggested, they may not be fit for purpose.

I'll carry an MK spare in future just in case.