Lunar Quasar 615

Baz

I am often the first to moan if things are not as they should be and on that note I thought it would be appropriate to share my experience when things are great!

Just before Christmas I took delivery of a 2005 Lunar quasar 615 from Leisure Sales nr Sandbach. The attitude of the sales team was outstanding, helpful honest and fair. The handover itself was clear and concise and nothing was too much trouble. The caravan was PDI'd to a high standard. I have now used the caravan twice and touch wood I have had not one issue or fault.

I would recommend this dealership and the Quasar 615 to anyone looking for a caravan with this layout. My overall experience is outstanding.

There are some good guys out there!!!

Regards

Baz :D

Are you sure it is a 2005 and not a 2004? I thought that they only started producing 2005 in the New Year therefore the first ones would not be ready until February sometime. We had a look at the new 2005 640 but decided that the 2004 was slightly better in laqyout reagrding mirrors, cabinets etc and bought a surplus 2004 stock item new. Anyway no matter whether it is a 2004 or 2005 enjoy it. :D

Are you sure it is a 2005 and not a 2004?  I thought that they only started producing 2005 in the New Year therefore the first ones would not be ready until February sometime.   We had a look at the new 2005 640 but decided that the 2004 was slightly better in laqyout reagrding mirrors, cabinets etc and bought a surplus 2004 stock item new.   Anyway no matter whether it is a 2004 or 2005 enjoy it. :D

7384[/snapback]

2005 models have been on the market since last september, and in the caravan industry thats how it works 2006 vans will be on the market this september. . Ste ;)

It is a bit confusing as you often hear of people ordering in 2004 but can only take delivery in May 2005.

7958[/snapback]

deppends on how the factory production rate is going and the all ready placed orders, i suppose its a case of queing up ;) Ste

• 3 months later...

You can tell the difference between the 2004 and 2005 model by the postioning of the sockets.

If you have a sock on end of the panel where the table is stored then the model is 2004, they moved the sockets + many other things for 2005, a great improvement.

I have a 2004 model which we think is great BUT have a number of problems.

Damp under rear seat - awaiting new awning rail (Campbells)

Front jacking points have crushed the under floor - Lunsar have a mod kit which will be fitted (stad on 2005 model)

All these parts are on order but you have to wait ages, parts supply is not great, could be Lunar or Cambells.

My other main problem is that we can not fit a porch awning, nothing seems to fit. I am looking at a PorchLite but would like a 10ft version not the 6ft version (£99 at Barrons). They have just run out of the 10ft version which was a better design BUT i need to find an alternative supplier.

All in all a great caravan, we bought it for the unique design (no one else seems to have copied the design yet.

Regards

Steve

• 4 weeks later...
You can tell the difference between the 2004 and 2005 model by the postioning of the sockets.

If you have a sock on end of the panel where the table is stored then the model is 2004, they moved the sockets + many other things for 2005, a great improvement.

I have a 2004 model which we think is great BUT have a number of problems.

Damp under rear seat - awaiting new awning rail (Campbells)

Front jacking points have crushed the under floor - Lunsar have a mod kit which will be fitted (stad on 2005 model)

All these parts are on order but you have to wait ages, parts supply is not great, could be Lunar or Cambells.

My other main problem is that we can not fit a porch awning, nothing seems to fit. I am looking at a PorchLite but would like a 10ft version not the 6ft version (£99 at Barrons). They have just run out of the 10ft version which was a better design BUT i need to find an alternative supplier.

All in all a great caravan, we bought it for the unique design (no one else seems to have copied the design yet.

Regards

Steve

23267[/snapback]

Just used my new NR Coniston lux porch on my Quazar EB. Good fit, alloy frame,draught proof and it covers an area 9ft x6ft. NR are excellent to deal with and the porch was delivered the day after I placed the order.

• 4 months later...

Well, looks like I spoke too soon, quality as standard my A. .s

after using the van a couple of times here are some of the faults;

1. Bed slats in front of van are loose and twist when returning causing an auful jam!

2. All the adhesive strips that hide the wall paper joins are falling off

3. Floor has gone spongy near the fire

4. rear blind fell of as screws were not present

5. Gap has developed between toilet seal and wall

6. Front window has cracked

7. draining board incorrectly installed (water drains away from plug hole)

8. and the icing on the cake is the entire ROOF needs replacing as it has been installed LOOSE and is covered with very deep scratches.

The biggest supprise of all is that I would still recommend Leisure Sales, so far they have been more than helpful and agreed that all the faults will be rectified in early November. (I will let you know how they do!!)

Just to make it a little more interesting I have now noticed a blue/black dotty growth on all the blinds down one side of the caravan. Guess I need to add DAMP to the list.

Might be worth having a look at some of the problems both ourselves and others have had with out Lunars - see this post

http://www. caravantalk. org. uk/forums/index. ..?showtopic=2127

Personally, I would not have another Lunar if they were being given away free with packs of crisps. the standard of the vans on delivery seem to be fantastic but within a very short time, the problems start to show and when they do show, they are not little things like a few screws missing, they are big things like delamination, dampness, etc etc.

We are presently experiencing very big problems with our Delta and even though the dealer is doing all the jobs under warranty, we are just not able to enjoy the van as everytime we go out in it, something else fails!

We have delamination and the same problems with the roof except our dealer says that it is normal for the roofs of Lunar vans to be lose and we should just park it nose down!!!!!!

Really hope you get everything sorted out, and that you have a lot more luck than we have had! Be interested to know how you go on. ours is due back in next week for the floor to be redone, and I have wrote a frank letter to Lunar, so will let you know how I go on. Good luck!

• 2 years later...

We bought a Lunar Quasar 615 new in 2005 model. and what a heap of poo since we have had the miss fortune to own this heap we have no end of problems with it ie Gas Leak in wte locker, waterheater not working on electric on on gas, trume heater not woking great when you are away with the wife in cimbria :D, electric flush not working so I tried to use the shower head to rinse out the toilet bowl <_< turned on the shower to do this and pipes in cupboard leaks!!! BUt the biggest and by far the worst problem is the roof when washing it in September 2005 I noticed the the roof was collecting water, I though ????? it shouldn't be doing that so whilst at the EXEL caravan show I met the sale director from LUNAR and he aggreed that this was not right. He arranged for the caravan to be retirned to the Factory and replaced, well that wasn't the end of the matter, we got the van back in March 2006 since then we have spent only 21 nights in it htis year ( although a lot more were planned) and on our return from Italy Inotice that the roof is yet again collecting water answer LUNAR want to fit YET ANOTHER ROOF !!!

I can't wait to trade this caravan in a get a decent one STEAR CLEAR OF LUNAR at all cost!!!!!!!!!!

Well, looks like I spoke too soon, quality as standard my A. .s

after using the van a couple of times here are some of the faults;

1. Bed slats in front of van are loose and twist when returning causing an auful jam!

2. All the adhesive strips that hide the wall paper joins are falling off

3. Floor has gone spongy near the fire

4. rear blind fell of as screws were not present

5. Gap has developed between toilet seal and wall

6. Front window has cracked

7. draining board incorrectly installed (water drains away from plug hole)

8. and the icing on the cake is the entire ROOF needs replacing as it has been installed LOOSE and is covered with very deep scratches.

The biggest supprise of all is that I would still recommend Leisure Sales, so far they have been more than helpful and agreed that all the faults will be rectified in early November. (I will let you know how they do!!)

Just to make it a little more interesting I have now noticed a blue/black dotty growth on all the blinds down one side of the caravan. Guess I need to add DAMP to the list.

We have had a few problems with the floor delaminating in our 2004 Lunar 640 which may be a concern once the warranty has expired. The joins peeling away is a common fault and we had ours repaired by the delaer who covered the joins on the roof with strips.

I am not sure what you mean by the roof being "loose" as our roof is slightly wrinkly which allows water to pool on it but it does not appear to be loose unless I am looking at it from the wrong perspective. Can you please elaborate/ thanks.