Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Eversure Insurance

Hello! We're new members...

Recommended Posts

Hello!

 

Alex and Dom here, we're very new members (please be gentle) from a company called Eversure Insurance.  We don't want to bother you too much, but if you do have any questions about caravan insurance at all, we've set up a little thread for you to come and have all your queries answered.  You can visit us in the "insurance" section of the forum (some people refer to it as the fun section) so pop in and say hello, ask a question or two and we'll be happy to help :)

 

Here's our thread:

 

 eversure_logo_forum.jpg.32ed927b646f82446027ab2571a7a7ce.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its often been asked on here and no expert definitive answer has been forthcoming. The question relates to European Caravans, namely a Hobby Caravan. Some models are slightly (10cm) over the UK maximum length for towing with a car. Some people risk it and have done so for years without issue. In the event of an accident not related to the slight over length would the insurance still be honoured?

 

Welcome to the forum BTW, glad to be able to ask directly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:welcome: to Caravan Talk Alex and Dom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

and another big  :welcome: from me too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

15 hours ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

Its often been asked on here and no expert definitive answer has been forthcoming. The question relates to European Caravans, namely a Hobby Caravan. Some models are slightly (10cm) over the UK maximum length for towing with a car. Some people risk it and have done so for years without issue. In the event of an accident not related to the slight over length would the insurance still be honoured?

 

Welcome to the forum BTW, glad to be able to ask directly.

 

Hi AJ!

 

Thanks for welcoming us 

 

Ah, the old Hobby conundrum.  Unfortunately, it's not good news from us.  Our underwriters stand pretty firm on this one.  Hobby caravans and similar imports are historically larger than UK models so they've decided this isn’t a make of caravan for them.  

 

Sorry for being the bearer of bad news, but hey at least it's a definitive answer 

 

Dom

 

 

eversure_logo_forum.jpg

12 hours ago, Griff said:

:welcome: to Caravan Talk Alex and Dom.

 

2 hours ago, Les Medes said:

and another big  :welcome: from me too

 

Thanks guys!  :D

Edited by Eversure Insurance
Double posting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eversure Insurance said:

 

 

Hi AJ!

 

Thanks for welcoming us 

 

Ah, the old Hobby conundrum.  Unfortunately, it's not good news from us.  Our underwriters stand pretty firm on this one.  Hobby caravans and similar imports are historically larger than UK models so they've decided this isn’t a make of caravan for them.  

 

Sorry for being the bearer of bad news, but hey at least it's a definitive answer 

 

Dom

 

 

eversure_logo_forum.jpg

 

 

Thanks guys!  :D

I have a Bailey at the moment but will be changing to a Hobby or similar. Seems an odd state of affairs that you wont insure a particular make, there are many in the range that are within our dimension limits.

 

AJG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

there are many in the range that are within our dimension limits.

 

Do what others do and ask Underwriters to consider them then, there are enough of them about so they can't all be uninsured?

 

geoff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shipbroker said:

 

Do what others do and ask Underwriters to consider them then, there are enough of them about so they can't all be uninsured?

 

geoff

This is a good point Geoff.  You can always get in contact with us (or any insurer) and ask to be considered by the underwriter, and we'll always pass it on to see what they say.  

 

Dom

 

eversure_logo_forum.jpg.3d2cfb920c2c8a038c5ec91bcf7b4646.jpg

Edited by Eversure Insurance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eversure Insurance said:

This is a good point Geoff.  You can always get in contact with us (or any insurer) and ask to be considered by the underwriter, and we'll always pass it on to see what they say.  

 

Dom

 

eversure_logo_forum.jpg.3d2cfb920c2c8a038c5ec91bcf7b4646.jpg

With all due respect, why should I (the customer) do the legwork? I would simply go to another insurer that would welcome my custom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×