Sign in to follow this  
ValA

ACSI Card at a discount - "Dash for It" Map Superstore

From another forum I discovered the 'Dash for It' Map superstore, where you can order the ACSI Guides.   Two types are available - The ACSI Campsite Guide which gives ALL ACSI inspected sites in the UK, Ireland, France,  Spain, and Portugal (not just those sites which accept the ACSI Card) but also includes the discount ACSI Camping Card so you can benefit from the discounts at sites which accept it.   The other - The other guides, titled ACSI Camping Card includes the two guides that we're used to, which contain just the 3,500 ACSI Card discount sites - throughout Europe.   Both are available for just £13. 59 which includes free delivery in the UK.   This is 40p cheaper than the Caravan and Motorhome Club or the Caravanning and Camping Club prices and around the same price (after currency conversion) as the ACSI Members Subscription price (but without the complication of an annual subscription).

Edited by ValA

I've ordered maps from them in the past and found they provide a very good service. About to order some more maps from them in the near future.

John.

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me if there are many sites in the UK that accept the card, I've never bothered before as we were stuck to school holidays? 

Thanks.  

https://www. eurocampings. co. uk

John.

6 minutes ago, Jiffy176 said:

Can anyone tell me if there are many sites in the UK that accept the card, I've never bothered before as we were stuck to school holidays? 

Thanks.  

https://www. eurocampings. co. uk/campsite/search/countryID/GBR/

John.

John, I clicked your link but I think that's the list of 643 sites in UK which ACSI have inspected, but the list of UK  sites giving discounts with their camping card is much shorter - just 40 sites I think 

Jiffy176 - these are the sites which accept the ACSI Camping Card in the UK:  https://www. campingcard. co. uk/united-kingdom/

BUT there are quite a number of sites in Europe which take the card during some part of the school holidays - and it is always possible to have one week at the full site tariff and then another week at the discounted ACSI Card rate.     Here are 27 which start accepting the card on 19th August - so you could have two full weeks at the end of August at a discounted rate: https://www. campingcard. co. uk/campsite/search/countryID/FRA/#fq=ccaAcceptPeriods%3A[2019-08-19 TO 2019-08-20]  

Every day after that more sites become available, so it's always worth checking whether any site you're interested in offers a discount during some part of your holidays.

Thanks Val we've booked this year but will remember that for next.

12 hours ago, Jiffy176 said:

Thanks.  

The ones in the UK are much fewer - 33 in England, 5 in Wales & only 2 in Scotland, all found at https://www. campingcard. co. uk/united-kingdom/  Some are all singing/dancing (obviously at a great discount) but some are much smaller - depends on your preference. We've stayed on a couple, one in Bedfordshire with fishing lakes & one in Dorset near Wool, both of which we would recommend.  

Edited by Blackpool Belle

12 hours ago, Jiffy176 said:

Thanks.  

Yes, one that a friend of mine stays in at Gloucester

9 hours ago, Les Medes said:

Yes, one that a friend of mine stays in at Gloucester

Could you tell the name of it please.

2 hours ago, moorgate said:

Could you tell the name of it please.

Sorry, I have misinformed you, they were in ACSI last year but I have checked 2019 Directory and they are not listed.

As a matter of interest, there are 40 Sites in the UK listed in the 2019  Directory.

Again,, my apologies

The site is Briarfields Hotel &Touring Site, 

Edited by Les Medes

Thanks,  I am not tied to ACSI and that looks a useful site for us. I have made a note of it.  

IF you use ACSI in the UK how do they calculate the exchange rate, as ACSI is shown in euros. Does the site owner apply their own exchange rate which could be anything they want.    

16 hours ago, deeps said:

IF you use ACSI in the UK how do they calculate the exchange rate, as ACSI is shown in euros. Does the site owner apply their own exchange rate which could be anything they want.    

Each site should us the exchange rate which is applicable on the day of the end of your stay - they shouldn't make it up, and they shouldn't apply their own rate.   We have stayed on an ACSI Card site in the UK and the rate was calculated using the current exchange rate and we paid in pounds.   Today 16 euros is £14. 07 so that should be what the site would charge for a stay for today.   

After reading this thread, about 4 weeks ago I ordered the ACSI card and site books through the " Dash 4 it " website which appeared to say it was in stock. My credit card was debited immediately. I was then told it wasn't in stock but would be shortly. Since then I have had 3 different promises of when it will be sent to me, none of which have happened. Today I was told it would be another 2 weeks - so I cancelled the order and ordered from Vicarious, who have put it in the post this afternoon.

I am hoping that my credit from " Dash 4 it " appears on my statement shortly and I can forget about this issue. Not a good first experience with this company - they may be cheaper than other suppliers but, if you can't get the goods, that doesn't help. Lessen learnt.

Sorry to hear that Ivan Leslie - as you say not a good first impression.

A thick person here.

I have read the description of both offers.  As both include the card.  Just what is the advantage of one against the other.  What’s the point of having two systems to achieve the same end?

Perhaps I’m missing the obvious.

John

8 hours ago, JCloughie said:

A thick person here.

I have read the description of both offers.  As both include the card.  Just what is the advantage of one against the other.  What’s the point of having two systems to achieve the same end?

Perhaps I’m missing the obvious.

John

1. The ACSI Camping Guide shows you ALL the ACSI inspected sites, but only in Great Britain, Ireland, France Spain and Portugal.    

2.  The ACSI Camping Card Guide shows you only those sites which offer the ACSI CAMPING CARD discount but in all the other countries too.

Yes, you get the discount card with both books, but if you're going to Germany, Holland and Luxembourg and want to look up sites in those countries, then Guide 1 isn't much use to you.

1 hour ago, ValA said:

1. The ACSI Camping Guide shows you ALL the ACSI inspected sites, but only in Great Britain, Ireland, France Spain and Portugal.    

2.  The ACSI Camping Card Guide shows you only those sites which offer the ACSI CAMPING CARD discount but in all the other countries too.

Yes, you get the discount card with both books, but if you're going to Germany, Holland and Luxembourg and want to look up sites in those countries, then Guide 1 isn't much use to you.

Thanks Val, pity the publishers could not put it that succinctly.

John

I been with ACSI for some years now. Definitely good value (dicount card) but really only if you camp in low season. Then the savings are excellent but again it's mostly sites in mainland Europe. Still a but sparse in UK