Awning Rail Lubrication.

brownie

I Have a van which is six months old, and not yet had an awning on it.

I have just bought a new awning. What is the best way of lubricating the rail,or do i just buy the products that are on sale for this purpose,

regards brownie.

Guest john1215

Tony,

You should at least give it a try, use some of that dashboard spray but be warned, don't give too hefty a tug on the awning canvas when you thread it through or you'll more than likely end up on your backside.

john1215

Tony,

You should at least give it a try, use some of that dashboard spray but be warned, don't give too hefty a tug on the awning canvas when you thread it through or you'll more than likely end up on your backside.

john1215

7448[/snapback]

. ...But then working on sites, I only put the awning up once a year. ...........LOL

• 1 month later...

I use Mr Sheen on curtain tracks at home and find it great to free of sticky roller blinds in the caravan :D can also be used on toilet pan as it helps clear waste and lubricates the seals.(spray on before using) Another amazing thing it does is makes mirrors and work surfaces shiny. :lol:

Edited by Wonky

I use Mr Sheen on curtain tracks at home and find it great to free of sticky roller blinds in the caravan :D can also be used on toilet pan as it helps clear waste and lubricates the seals.(spray on before using) Another amazing thing it does is makes mirrors and work surfaces shiny. :lol:

17999[/snapback]

Is it just us but we now find it difficult to find in stores!

Hi,

I'm for the silicon spray, very good in locks, as a lubricant for hinges etc, and for electrics.

Paul

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

• 3 weeks later...

See also Awning Channel, Cleaning elsewhere in the Top Tips section.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.