Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Fletcher

Bailey Pursuit 2 440/4 2017

I would like to know if anyone as had any issues with the blind melting over the cooker as using it correct by manual thanx

:welcome:

Hi - the make and year of caravan could help.

It’s a 430/4 not 440/4 - we’ve not had the issue, I’m trying to think how the job would affect the blind, from memory the kid opens and would protect the bottom anyway

We have a Pursuit 2 430-4 2018.

The right side of the frame for the blind behind the cooker has warped, probably due to heat.

• Thanks 1

Surely it would take a large pan and high gas flame to divert the flame and heat to damage the blind ?

Dave

I don't know what caused our to warp.

You have the window on the outside, the glass lid lift towards the window, on the right there is a bulkhead so you get no ventilation there and in this minimal space they then put a plastic frame. I don't find the design ideal.

• Thanks 1

We have Pursuit II 430/4 and have not had any problems.   Our previous 'van was an Orion 440/4 with virtually the same layout (a different hob, but in the same place) and had no problems with that either.

The hob lid opens up to enable use and provides a shield / splashback for the window and blinds.

We also use a plug in, electric twin hob, as a stand alone when on an electric pitch and if that is put on top of  the glass lid, it could be placed at the rear of the hob near the window and cause heat damage, not that we do, that, as it fits nicely on the gas hob with the glass lid raised.

So, other than that, I can't see how enough heat can be transferred to the blind, (although I accept that you've managed it), unless perhaps an on hob deep fat fryer is being used. or a frying pan has been on fire.

If you could tell us what pots & pans you were using at the time, it would help others to avoid treading the same path.

This as happened twice in the same caravan we have only got pans the size that is stated in the manual and we have not used the cooker in any incorrect way atall