Sign in to follow this  
Wunny

Todays new safety info

Posted (edited)

Today I've received info on a safety hazard with the folding table supplied in some Bailey caravans.

It appears that someone got a finger trapped and from the photo, possibly guillotined off!

I have always stood mine on its end and droped the bottom leg into position,  The table is then free standing, I then lift the upper leg into position, keeping fingers away from the hinge.   I can see how a finger could get trapped in a hand in in the vicinity of the hinge, especially if it was the hand of a helper!

Be warned and aware folks!  Ctrl + to zoom in on the photo

image.thumb.png.a071405a16a98424e084aa49fab339af.png

Edited by Wunny

Our current table is now stored in a cupboard at home.   On our previous Lunar I did almost once catch my fingers when the leg slipped out of my hand and almost crushed my fingers.

• Like 1

The same table was supplied with our 2011 Elddis xplore 302, I always count my fingers after putting it up :). Other makes and models may also use the same type of table.  

Yes, got this yesterday - it’s a poorly designed mechanism (not helped by the spindle in ours being broken from new) but you’d have to be going some to harm yourself on it.