ged600

Abbey vogue 1999 front n/s and o/s front windows

Hi all,

I've been searching for nearly 8 months for some replacement windows. One is cracked, the other is de laminating

I've been searching e bay, gumtree, various caravan breakers.

I've been searching for abbey windows only, but swift bought Abbey in 1990 do you think all manufacturers back then used the same company for their window supplies?

059.JPG

060.JPG

Are you on Swift Talk?   If you are may be worth a while asking there.

geoff

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

We had exactly the same problem with a 1999 GTS215 which I’ve used as a project caravan for a number of articles in a magazine. The centre window was cracked, and the n/s had delaminated.

In the end, I had a new one made for the centre and the n/s one was repaired by this company - www. eeco-ltd. co. uk They did a fantastic job!

50E8059D-3A5F-4E97-B214-BA949EC3C501.jpeg

Edited by nigel207
Add photograph
  • Like 1

On 06/01/2019 at 17:50, Glen and Les said:

Have you tried these in Blaenavon?

https://www. caravanbreakers. net/

Yes ring them a few times a year never got any. thanks for the link though

I would assume van manufacturers buy from common sources so measure your window and give the breakers your size of window. Or go round sales yards to find a more modern van with your size of window then search that more modern van at a breakers.

• Thanks 1

On 07/01/2019 at 09:22, nigel207 said:

We had exactly the same problem with a 1999 GTS215 which I’ve used as a project caravan for a number of articles in a magazine. The centre window was cracked, and the n/s had delaminated.

In the end, I had a new one made for the centre and the n/s one was repaired by this company - www. eeco-ltd. co. uk They did a fantastic job!

50E8059D-3A5F-4E97-B214-BA949EC3C501.jpeg

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for the info.

Could be a fault in the windows or just age?

When did you get the window and if you don't mind how much did eeco charge for replacement and repair?

45 minutes ago, ged600 said:

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for the info.

Could be a fault in the windows or just age?

When did you get the window and if you don't mind how much did eeco charge for replacement and repair?

It certainly seems to be an issue with those windows, and as you’ve found, they’re like rocking horse manure on the used market. I tried to source some for ages too without success.

As for the cost, I was VERY lucky because I was doing the repair as an article in the magazine, in return for the publicity, they did the job at a VERY advantageous rate. The windows can be re-laminated providing no other attempts (other adhesives) have been made. I’m sorry I can’t help re the price, but whilst not cheap, they’re certainly much more cost effective than OEM (if you can ever get one), and the quality is superb. Can I suggest that you drop them an email or give them a call?