2 week summer swap?

Has anyone ever swapped with another static van owner?They come to your static for a fortnight and you go to theirs.

Sounds good in theory and I am sure it could work,but has anyone ever done it?

I know there could be a lot of pitfalls.

• 2 months later...

Assuming that you are on a holiday park, I imagine that it will be effectively the same as renting out your static, with payment in services (the use of the other static) instead of cash.

You would both need to be on sites that allow renting, and would be wise to draw up some form of rental agreement covering the terms and conditions of the swap.

I am sure that it could work, and you could probably advertise on the same sites that offer ordinary home swaps as well.

You never know, you could end up swapping with somebody in Spain or Florida - the possibilities are endless.

(Of course, if you are on a residential site, the idea is dead in the water, as any form of subletting residential park homes is prohibited).