Sign in to follow this  
Glen and Les

FreeGo Electric Bikes heading for liquidation.

It saddens me to say that the UK Importer & Supplier of these great ebikes has announced that they are going into liquidation due, in the main, to a new “anti-dumping” tax imposed by the EU on these Chinese imports.

FreeGo bikes are excellent quality, but if you’ve got one and are worried about spares etc. speak with your local cycle dealer who may be able to help. You may also want to join the FreeGo Owners Club on Facebook - a great bunch of members supporting each other and sharing experiences.

Glen.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Glen and Les said:

It saddens me to say that the UK Importer & Supplier of these great ebikes has announced that they are going into liquidation due, in the main, to a new “anti-dumping” tax imposed by the EU on these Chinese imports.

FreeGo bikes are excellent quality, but if you’ve got one and are worried about spares etc. speak with your local cycle dealer who may be able to help. You may also want to join the FreeGo Owners Club on Facebook - a great bunch of members supporting each other and sharing experiences.

Glen.

In August last year, when I ordered a replacement battery for the wife's E Bike supplied through AS Toys (NEC Show usual sellers) Pete the owner told me the EEC put a dump tax on far eastern bikes from immediate effect from 20% - 83. 6% and his factory got slapped 37. 3% so from Jan 2019 there are going to be some big increases.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kiaboy said:

In August last year, when I ordered a replacement battery for the wife's E Bike supplied through AS Toys (NEC Show usual sellers) Pete the owner told me the EEC put a dump tax on far eastern bikes from immediate effect from 20% - 83. 6% and his factory got slapped 37. 3% so from Jan 2019 there are going to be some big increases.

I saw a notice on AS Bikes website about the tax and impending increases in price. Surprisingly, FreeGo personnel never mentioned anything - and they’re quite active on the Owners’ FB Group. They had some good offers on a couple of months ago, but some bikes were out of stock back then - maybe they knew what was on the cards.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this