chris76

2018 buccaneer q's

On 03/03/2019 at 20:47, Mr Plodd said:

Abso-blooming-lutely, vastly more comfortable! 

Andy

lol, well thats me sold. Ill let you know the outcome

just came home from a night away last night, the ticking from under the bed is still driving me nuts,lol

2 hours ago, chris76 said:

just came home from a night away last night, the ticking from under the bed is still driving me nuts,lol

We may be out next weekend depending on the weather and will try and nail down the culprit by process of elimination and stealth using suggestions on this thread.

Ok so if you open the lower draw next to the bed and fridge,look at the back,you will see the heating pipe. It will most prob be kinked.theres a straight running under the bed then a 90 bend(rubber) the points up.and joins another straight aluminium pipe.But the angle of the bend is too much and kinks.seen several like it.

15 hours ago, smino0_1 said:

Ok so if you open the lower draw next to the bed and fridge,look at the back,you will see the heating pipe. It will most prob be kinked.theres a straight running under the bed then a 90 bend(rubber) the points up.and joins another straight aluminium pipe.But the angle of the bend is too much and kinks.seen several like it.

BTW are the drawers easy to remove?  We had a terrible time removing the drawers in the kitchen area to access the filter behind them.

On 10/03/2019 at 18:04, smino0_1 said:

cheers ill check that at the weekend

btw iv been on the phone to elldiss this morning and apparantly, the first year warranty ends at the first service which i didnt know.

we got ours serviced after ten months :o

13 hours ago, chris76 said:

btw iv been on the phone to elldiss this morning and apparantly, the first year warranty ends at the first service which i didnt know.

Thats a nice try but it’s  (word removed to save a mod from having to doing so)!!!

If you check the paperwork (or Elddis’s website) I am sure the warranty period runs from the point of sale/collection/registration.  The warranty CAN be dependent on the service being carried out within a specified period though.

Andy

15 hours ago, chris76 said:

Why worry about a warranty if you bought from a dealership as depending on the circumstances surrounding the fault it would be the dealer's responsibility to rectify it in most cases? 

i bought it privately,previous owner went back tot a motorhome after 7 months so i got a good deal.

It doesnt sound right surely the first year guarantee should be up a year after registration.

anyway luckily the faults on my list are all covered by the 3 year period apart from one which i can live with, its just a heads up for others

12 hours ago, chris76 said:

i bought it privately,previous owner went back tot a motorhome after 7 months so i got a good deal.

It doesnt sound right surely the first year guarantee should be up a year after registration.

anyway luckily the faults on my list are all covered by the 3 year period apart from one which i can live with, its just a heads up for others

Did you transfer across the warranty so that the damp warranty remains in place for the 6 years?  Correct the manufacturers warranty on the caravan is only valid for the first year from date of purchase.  This normally applies to most brands of caravans.  Items like fridge, toilet, hob & oven etc may have separate warranties which need to be transferred individually.

10 hours ago, Durbanite said:

Did you transfer across the warranty so that the damp warranty remains in place for the 6 years?  Correct the manufacturers warranty on the caravan is only valid for the first year from date of purchase.  This normally applies to most brands of caravans.  Items like fridge, toilet, hob & oven etc may have separate warranties which need to be transferred individually.

yes mate its transfered, point is you would think the first year would be after 12 months not 10 months in my case because i decided to have my first service 2 months early

14 hours ago, chris76 said:

yes mate its transfered, point is you would think the first year would be after 12 months not 10 months in my case because i decided to have my first service 2 months early

Right gotcha and you are correct.

I have just re-readthe Elddis Warranty as printed in the Handbookfor my 2018 Buccaneer and nowhere does it say anything about the warranty being reduced if you choose to have your service done early. All it says is that the Service  must be completed within 60 days prior or 60 days after the date of sale.

I would go back to your dealer and/or Elddis armed with your handbook to ask them to clarify where it says the warranty is reduced. 

1 hour ago, Vanning Man said:

I have just re-readthe Elddis Warranty as printed in the Handbookfor my 2018 Buccaneer and nowhere does it say anything about the warranty being reduced if you choose to have your service done early. All it says is that the Service  must be completed within 60 days prior or 60 days after the date of sale.

I would go back to your dealer and/or Elddis armed with your handbook to ask them to clarify where it says the warranty is reduced. 

Which is what I suggested some 6 posts back!!! See below

On 12/03/2019 at 08:11, Mr Plodd said:

Thats a nice try but it’s  (word removed to save a mod from having to doing so)!!!

If you check the paperwork (or Elddis’s website) I am sure the warranty period runs from the point of sale/collection/registration.  The warranty CAN be dependent on the service being carried out within a specified period though.

Andy

17 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

Which is what I suggested some 6 posts back!!! See below

The caravan in question was bought privately so there may be a difference, but I would have thought that because the warranty was transferred and this cost money that the warranty would remain in place as if the OP had bought direct from a dealer with the exception of the 10 year damp ingress?  My guess is that the only way forward is to ask Elddis and not the dealer.

2 hours ago, Durbanite said:

The caravan in question was bought privately so there may be a difference, but I would have thought that because the warranty was transferred and this cost money that the warranty would remain in place as if the OP had bought direct from a dealer with the exception of the 10 year damp ingress?  My guess is that the only way forward is to ask Elddis and not the dealer.

It matters not if purchased privately or from a dealer because the warranty from new is a statutory right and is valid no matter how many owners it has, and nothing has to be done to ensure that. 

Any EXTENDED warranty (such as water ingress) has to be transferred and paperwork needs completing because it’s over and above the initial 12 months warranty. 

Andy

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

It matters not if purchased privately or from a dealer because the warranty from new is a statutory right and is valid no matter how many owners it has, and nothing has to be done to ensure that.

If you buy privately, are the second owner and do not transfer the warranty you do not have any statutory rights.  Also if buying privately the manufacturer can refuse to transfer the warranty and I doubt very much if there is anything you could do about it.

54 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

Andy

The manufacturer's warranty whilst covering your caravan, is actually an agreement that they will reimburse the dealer for costs incurred in remediating any faults within a specific period.

It is the Consumer Rights Act that gives you the owner of the goods protection and makes the supplier responsible for repairing any defects.

Any warranty or guarantee is additional to what is  covered under the Consumer Rights Act, the CRA always takes precedence, and as such the warranty  or guarantee cannot take away anything granted to you under your statutory rights.

When you buy from an individual (as opposed to a retailer), the Consumer Rights Act says that the goods you get must be as they were described to you by the seller.

There's no obligation on the seller to disclose any defects, but misrepresenting goods isn't allowed, so stating the caravan is dry and in good order when it actually has damp issues and hasn't been serviced for 6 years is misrepresentation, and would not be permitted, giving you grounds for recompense.