Hello All,

im currently looking to buy my first caravan buy unless i can find a suitable storage location i wont be able to buy one. i have spent most of today calling the local sites that are listed on the CASSOA website and the ones that are on the caravan Talk database. the only ones i can find are either big money, miles away or fully subscribed with huge waiting lists. Does anyone know of any hidden gems ? or have and tips / advice.

additionally is it the norm to only have access during office hours ? how do you work around this when going further afield leaving early or getting home late.

thanks in advance   

Big money is the answer - most of the country is short of storage capacity - we pay £500 p.a. for Gold inside.

That would be great I’ve been quoted £900 and £1200 for outside storage.  

We gave up our outside C&MHClub site at Abbey Wood some 7 or 8 years ago because the price had gone up to £850 per year!  But at least you could gain access 7 days a week between 8 am and 8 pm HOWEVER they also have a late arrivals area that you can use until the main gates open.

Good luck with your search - in the end I bought my own secure site.

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 10:37, TedNewman said:

We gave up our outside C&MHClub site at Abbey Wood some 7 or 8 years ago because the price had gone up to £850 per year!  But at least you could gain access 7 days a week between 8 am and 8 pm HOWEVER they also have a late arrivals area that you can use until the main gates open.

Good luck with your search - in the end I bought my own secure site.

Abbey wood is now over £1200 a year with a 2 year waiting list. the price is soon to be nearer £1400. it's a shame as its only 5 mins from where I live!

On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 17:43, Holloway319 said:

Hello All,

im currently looking to buy my first caravan buy unless i can find a suitable storage location i wont be able to buy one. i have spent most of today calling the local sites that are listed on the CASSOA website and the ones that are on the caravan Talk database. the only ones i can find are either big money, miles away or fully subscribed with huge waiting lists. Does anyone know of any hidden gems ? or have and tips / advice.

additionally is it the norm to only have access during office hours ? how do you work around this when going further afield leaving early or getting home late.

thanks in advance   

give Kingswood Caravans a call - they are just up the road from Leeds Castle.

Hi, give lee Davey caravans a call & tell them you are interested in buying a caravan from them but you have no storage they gave my friend a list of site when he bought off them, also Staplehurst caravan storage site when you ring wait to speak to maureen not her son tell her that you want to start caravanning and that you are desperate for a place, winter times not many people move about so may be easier to find a place April/ may when folks are on the move, Pete 

There's a CL near Dover run by Mr/Mrs Keiser, they have storage

We store at Woolmans Wood, close to Rochester Airport, it used to be a camp site but now just storage, access 24hours and looking at what others have said the price is reasonable. Not sure if they have space though!!

There is a facility in Maidstone somewhere that have been advertising in most of the magazines.

There is also a site in Upchurch just outside of Rainham.

If any of these are useful let me know and will dig out the numbers.  

Medway Bridge Marina have or a just about to close their storage facility some finding storage spaces in this area are at a premium.

Good luck

4 hours ago, Jacko1 said:

We store at Woolmans Wood, close to Rochester Airport, it used to be a camp site but now just storage, access 24hours and looking at what others have said the price is reasonable. Not sure if they have space though!!

There is a facility in Maidstone somewhere that have been advertising in most of the magazines.

There is also a site in Upchurch just outside of Rainham.

If any of these are useful let me know and will dig out the numbers.  

Medway Bridge Marina have or a just about to close their storage facility some finding storage spaces in this area are at a premium.

Good luck

I live very close to woolmans but can't find any contact details for them. Any chance you could help please?

John

I to have been there and got the tee shirt,when your storage pitch closes it does cause sleepness nights.

Bearsted CMC store vans there,not sure of vacancies. But there is another storage site near Riverside Country Park called Mariners Farm,the entrance is just past the turning into the CP. This is on the way to Lower Rainham.

If I remember Medway Marina was a Cassoa storage site with quite a few vans stored there,Goodness knows where they are going now.

Best of luck with your search.

23 hours ago, johntog said:

I live very close to woolmans but can't find any contact details for them. Any chance you could help please?

John

John and his wife are the owners +44 7889 678484

we like it, it’s close to us (we are in Gillingham) you have 24hr access it’s useful for road links and more importantly if you didn’t know it was there you can’t see it. Don’t know if they have any spaces but good luck in your search.

mariners Farm is the other one I was thinking of in lower Rainham

• Like 1