Sign in to follow this  
dustypete

Sites near silverstone

Hi, my wife has bought me a surprise  tickets for Grand Prix  qualifiers on the Saturday, just had a look local hotels all booked so was thinking of taking the caravan, can any one recommend a local site or near by site, we have parking for the day and has anyone been to one of these days, what should I expect any tips, thanks pete

We stay at the Whittlebury golf club site. Not the cheapest but great atmosphere, roast pig and bar tents. You can walk to the track from there.

if you stay for the 3 days then you will see some of the drivers who visit the fans on site in the evening.

11 minutes ago, springtime said:

We stay at the Whittlebury golf club site. Not the cheapest but great atmosphere, roast pig and bar tents. You can walk to the track from there.

if you stay for the 3 days then you will see some of the drivers who visit the fans on site in the evening.

+1

Posted (edited)

We use Huntsmill Farm. It's a little further away, a 5 minute drive and a CL but it has power and running water.

https://www. caravanclub. co. uk/certificated-locations/england/buckinghamshire/buckingham/huntsmill-farm/

It's also very cheap.

Edited by BFM

I'd stay on site. I have done in the past, much better being able to go backwards and forwards and being able to enjoy the after race show with a few beers.

7 hours ago, springtime said:

+2     I've stayed there four or five times it's perfect brilliant atmosphere and even better if the weather is good, going back again this year.

Cosgrove Leisure Park is about 20 minutes away, on the border of Bucks & Northants & often used by caravanners visiting Silverstone.