Sign in to follow this  
SimonM

More on the Truma iNet!

The iNet box came with my new caravan.  I have set up the bluetooth connection and am happy.  Has anyone set up the GSM facility using a SIM card?  

I have been advised that it is only possible to add data to the SIM card via a mobile phone?  Is this true?  Is it possible to buy a SIM card without a monthly plan?  

Experiences of the GSM facility much appreciated.  

Get a data SIM from GiffGaff. Accounts all run on line, cheap and easy.

For info GiffGaff run on the O2 network, have converted whole family to GiffGaff.

Agree with TenStar, giffgaff you buy everything on a webpage and is ideal when the SIM is not in a phone.

Three has a SIM with free 200MB every month but the iNet box then has to support  3G.

I ordered a Free SIM from O2 website, waited for it to arrive, then put it in a spare phone to "activate" it, then went online to the O2 website and set up account, I then sent a text on my phone from new SIM to check it was active. Downloaded the O2 App on my main phone. Put the new SIM it in iNet box then set up the GSM, The SIM is on O2 Classic package PAYG £10 top up and lasts forever so long as you send a text/call within 6 months or you will loose any credit, the costs are 1p per MB 2p per text, 3p calls. Pleased with it so far. .

Can I just mention that make sure you input the receiving mobile number right, I had a senior moment and entered it as +4 7xxxx instead of +447xxx and were charged non UK call at 25p per text as well as my 2p text, made sure the number was right and no more issues. .

Hi. Did you have to put a SIM pin in on the Truma app? 

15 hours ago, Neat5 said:

Hi. Did you have to put a SIM pin in on the Truma app? 

I didnt, I just left that section blank.