Sign in to follow this  
Durbanite

CMC Jan 2019 Magazine Volvo XC60 Review

On 24/12/2018 at 15:59, sandy said:

Hi 

My wife has just read me an article from the self congratulatory magazine which says what a great success their new booking system is. For curiosity I looked on the web site to check bookings for Rowntree Park for next December every weekend full and very few mid week days left. I bet the club don't tell members the cancellation rate. Personally I would have difficulty in knowing what I would be doing next December and would not book a pitch on the possibility of visiting the site. However selfish members can book weekend after weekend and can cancel without any comebacks just before their arival date. As a further note it was disappointing just to see one photograph of the club's own Captain Mainwaring in this month's magazine he made three appearances in last month's.

Merry Christmas

Sandy

On page 75 there is a review of the Volvo XC60.   States kerb weight is 1873kg, gross vehicle weight 1904kg and with a maximum gross train weight of 2470kg. What is the maximum weight that this car can tow? 

1 hour ago, Durbanite said:

On page 75 there is a review of the Volvo XC60.   States kerb weight is 1873kg, gross vehicle weight 1904kg and with a maximum gross train weight of 2470kg. What is the maximum weight that this car can tow? 

Those figures don't stack up - gross vehicle (1904) minus kerb (1873) gives a car payload of 31 kg - towing limit seems to be 566 kg.

17 minutes ago, Black Grouse said:

Those figures don't stack up - gross vehicle (1904) minus kerb (1873) gives a car payload of 31 kg - towing limit seems to be 566 kg.

Not sure why this has been moved to another thread when the original discussion was about the CC magazine?    However those are the figures from the magazine and I was not sure whether I was looking at them correctly.   Taking those figures into consideration how on earth was the car voted tow car of the year?

I don't understand the thread messing about either.

I can only imagine the numbers are typos - unhelpful when some will be reading the article to see if the car might suit their towing needs.

It says OXO on the side of busses but they don’t sell it!

John

The Volvo website doesn't appear to show any D5 engined XC60's, though HJ has the D5 Inscription listed as 1846kg kerbweight, which is close to the 1871kg in the magazine.

HJ shows a GVW of 2,520kg which means a Payload of 674kg, which sounds plausible. He also shows a Towing Limit of 2,400kg which again sounds plausible against the 2300kg shown against D4 engined XC60's as shown on the Volvo website. As to what the GTW is, that's anyone's guess but it really can't be the 2,470kg shown in the magazine.

Dunno but those specs don't look right

I have a xc60 2018 d5awd nav se lux. figures are kerb 1904kg gvw 2525kg gtw 4505 and is capable of towning 2000kg,but has a low nose weight of 90kg,so for you Durbanite, its out.

13 hours ago, smino0_1 said:

I have a xc60 2018 d5awd nav se lux. figures are kerb 1904kg gvw 2525kg gtw 4505 and is capable of towning 2000kg,but has a low nose weight of 90kg,so for you Durbanite, its out.

No longer a Volvo fan after all the very major issues we had with a brand new out of the box S80!