New site tariffs

We have justed started to plan next years Hoilday, one site we really liked last year was Church Farm at Aldebrough which was £25. 00 per night, the same pitch this year will be £35. 00 per night. I know this is for a fully serviced pitch but that is a substantial percentage increase and is not their high season rate.

i have a feeling that this year will see many site price increases for example the C&MC only quotes the minimum price in its new handbook.

Are camp sites taking advantage of Brexit because people may avoid going abroad.

For us it’s now back to an extended stay in France provided we can get the dogs papers sorted in time because his passport maybe no longer valid but that’s another story.

Anyone else noticed such large increases.

Edited by tiz

I do agree that the CC has made a substantial increase on quite a few sites and I dare say the private sector will follow suit.   The CC made 2 increases and if you booked at the first increase it should be honoured.   IMO the caravan industry are looking to the future when the baby boomers from after WW11 are dead and gone and the younger folk can no longer afford to tour in a caravan  /  motorhome and they are trying to make their money now.  

Do not bother with sites from both the clubs, use CL/CS's and more than ever now the C&CC 3/5 day meets and Temporary Holiday Sites, off grid, cheap, longer stays and more outings. Unsure about the dog with Brexit uncertainty, so giving EU a miss in 2019.

• Like 1

Škoda Octavia Estate 2. 0TDi 4x4 towing a Compass Omega 482.

Shouldn't think anything Brexit about the charges?

Must admit,like previous poster, most of my trips are rallies and without benefit of EHU. ...one group I am paying £7 a night and get an odd social thrown in too!

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

I think the popularity effects the price and if the site was fully booked last year they will take advantage of it ?

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

The OP is talking about Church Farm in Aldeburgh, Suffolk. This is a commercially operated Luxury Holiday Park with large fully serviced pitches 50M from a beach in a small and very scenic village. Its pricey, yes! Its very nice too.

This site is nothing to do with CAMC.  

Ern

The price of the CCs club sites has prompted us to use commercial sites and cottages more and we've been pleasantly surprised. 

However membership still has the perks of using CL sites RSPB sites and the Mayday service. 

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Although a member of the CMC, I hardly use their sites.   Too expensive IMHO.   I always use private ones.   Going over to Clover Fields in Buxton for 3 days in March, have booked a site near Spalding and am waiting for a reply from Witches Craig just outside of Stirling.   Prices are about average.   But never pay more than £25. 00 per night

We received our CMC Sites book today and we were disappointed that the only site fee shown is mainly their lowest price  for a single person for 1 night. It states in the book that if you want to know the prices for the period you want to visit then you have to go on-line to the CMC website or ask for a copy to be sent to you. It is difficult at present to make any comparison between the previous prices per night and what it is now going to be. When will 'our' Club realise that they should be there for their members and not the management - when I look at a shopping book, e. g. Argos I see what we want to purchase and the price and we don't have to go on the web to find out that cost, similarly when I look in our ACSI Sites handbook we see the price that we are going to have to pay and make a decision from that.

They are certainly losing my vote now and we will be looking at commercial sites when  we look for sites when in the UK - will they ever learn, I think not !

Alan

• Like 5

After more than 35 years caravanning changed to motorhome for 5 years and loved it but now back in the fold of caravanning but still miss our motorhome.

Kia Sorento KX3 Auto and 2018 Coachman VIP 520 Special Edition (10/2020 - Ordered Coachman Laser Xcel 575 Special Edition)

My feelings was that if they're afraid to show the prices then I'm afraid to ask and I wont be using them, but its more room for those who can afford it :)

• Like 1

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

2 hours ago, AlanS said:

We received our CMC Sites book today and we were disappointed that the only site fee shown is mainly their lowest price  for a single person for 1 night. It states in the book that if you want to know the prices for the period you want to visit then you have to go on-line to the CMC website or ask for a copy to be sent to you. It is difficult at present to make any comparison between the previous prices per night and what it is now going to be. When will 'our' Club realise that they should be there for their members and not the management - when I look at a shopping book, e. g. Argos I see what we want to purchase and the price and we don't have to go on the web to find out that cost, similarly when I look in our ACSI Sites handbook we see the price that we are going to have to pay and make a decision from that.

They are certainly losing my vote now and we will be looking at commercial sites when  we look for sites when in the UK - will they ever learn, I think not !

Alan

The SitesBookcovers two years. I agree that the pamphlet for 2019 prices should have been with it I think  that they won't be available u til after mid January which is poor

Edited by Easy T
Speeling
  • Like 1

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

If you want to know the price book online the price will be quoted and if you don't want to pay it then just back out of the booking. Alternatively book it and if it's too expensive then do an amend booking/cancel.

David

Nissan X-Trail Adventura KIA Sorento & Elddis Affinity 554

Presumes one has internet and uses a computer device David. Not everybody has

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Go to France, much cheaper !

Yes I DO know there is a ferry/tunnel or whatever to paid but you get the idea I am sure :P

For what it’s worth I think the CaMC are taking the ***** a bit with some of their prices, but as long as people pay them they will continue charging them.  

Andy

• Like 1

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

2 hours ago, David55 said:

If you want to know the price book online the price will be quoted and if you don't want to pay it then just back out of the booking. Alternatively book it and if it's too expensive then do an amend booking/cancel.

What a complete waste of time.

It is treating customers with contempt not to be up front and open about costs.

That why I left the club.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Easy T said:

Presumes one has internet and uses a computer device David. Not everybody has

Well they must have internet to post on here!!!☺️

1 hour ago, alan29 said:

What a complete waste of time.

It is treating customers with contempt not to be up front and open about costs.

That why I left the club.

Well that's your decision personally I like the CMC we use CLs and Rally saving us £'s. Each to his/her own.

David

Nissan X-Trail Adventura KIA Sorento & Elddis Affinity 554

19 hours ago, AlanS said:

Alan

I have just been talking to  CC having just received my copy of the handbook. I was told to order a price list in March. I'm going to follow this up with an e mail now as I think that sending the handbook out without a price list is futile. E mail sent, if anyone wants the e mail address  

memberenquiries@camc. com

Edited by joanie

A fair few other companies produce totally seperate price lists, it enables them to print brochures etc well in advance and to cover an extended period of time because they only have to print just the prices as Andy when they change.

From a customers point of view it’s not ideal, but it makes perfect sense for any company who need to plan or take bookings a long time in the future. (Like CaMC, the brochures are comprehensive and glossy so cost a lot to produce. It makes sense for them to only reprint every couple of years) 

Like a lot of other things in life, if you don’t like it no-one is going to stand behind you with a cattle prod to make you deal with them!

Andy

Experience is an awful teacher who ends up sending you simply horrifying bills

Church farm is worth every penny, as are the majority of CMC/CCC sites, if you want to camp in a field with limited facilities then thats fine, not all of us do. From a commercial perspective and without knowing how site overheads have increased some are assuming it is a rip off. If it was your business what would you do?

This thread is unfair on the CAMC. The OP posted about a commercial site. How did the CAMC get dragged into this thread?

• Like 1
  • I do not understand 1

Ern

18 minutes ago, Ern said:

This thread is unfair on the CAMC. The OP posted about a commercial site. How did the CAMC get dragged into this thread?

Its posted as new site tariffs. so i would think that means all sites incl camc and cc&c

65 volvo geartronic se nav, 2016 buccaneer cruiser, 2017 buccaneer commadore, 2018 swift kon-tiki 669 auto, 2015 range rover 3. 0 sdv6 autobiography dynamic auto

9 hours ago, Ern said:

the C&MC is mentioned in the OP.    I saw the Church Farm site as an example of site tariffs .   As a lot of us use club sites, it's only natural that we Talk of our own experiences. Perhaps Tiz will come back on with his / her comments later.  

• Like 1

I have just received our CC sites book and map which for a specific reason we will not need this year. Happy to post to anyone that wants it.  PM me if interested.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

20 hours ago, joanie said:

I have just been talking to  CC having just received my copy of the handbook. I was told to order a price list in March. I'm going to follow this up with an e mail now as I think that sending the handbook out without a price list is futile. E mail sent, if anyone wants the e mail address  

memberenquiries@camc. com

I emailed the UK sites booking service at CMC requesting a paper copy price list and received a very prompt and polite reply (with Happy New Year wishes) advising me that it is hoped that the paper copy price list supplement will be available from around mid-January and my request has been added to the pre-order list.

• Thanks 1