Sign in to follow this  
Johnaldo

CMC's new ESSO fuel card

tesco offer, spend £50 on groceries until  10th Feb and get 5p off fuel 

Oh I know, when the very pleasant lady on the checkout at Tesco handed me my voucher yesterday, I wanted to give her a kiss :)

Strangely, my wife who I'd lost in the store suddenly materialized as I leant over. ........... ;)

LOL

• Like 2

Its not something I have bothered with. We have five major supermarkets with filling stations within easy reach and I doubt I would have saved anything through the scheme.  There are supposed to be 90000 applications  for this card, a fifth of the membership,  and I can't imagine that 90000 people don't live near a major supermarket? I somehow doubt that neither the Club or the company running the scheme imagined there would be so many applications, if they did they might have had second thoughts! It seems to be working for some but clearly others are having a lot of difficulties. Hopefully it will sort itself out soon.

David

5 hours ago, Tigger said:

>> Neat trick if you can do this as www. myessocard. com. no longer functions as a web page and no redirect

It redirects for me.

Not for me

Used the card for the first time yesterday. Only put 22lt in, just to see if the card worked. Noticed before using the card, they'd changed my PIN from the one issued a month ago whilst I was waiting for the card. At the till, entered the new PIN and got rejected. Tried again with the new PIN, rejected again. Last go, put in the original PIN and the transaction went through OK. Here's hoping everything else works as it should such as billing and debiting of account.

Filled Mrs H's car up at Scotch Corner services last week without a hitch, but I've yet to see the transaction in my bank account. The pin on my account seemed to work OK.

Update! The search for garages has changed! I know know which is the nearest Esso garage, just in case local knowledge fails me.

Edited by hawkaye
update

Takes up to 7 or more days for the amount to be debited from your account.   BTW those that got their card when it was still myessocard and signed up under the original T&Cs, those T&Cs still apply as per an email from the Caravan  Club.

Edited by Durbanite

Two days after filling up, amount/s are showing on MyEsso account. bank statement also showing pending transactions at the correct discounted price of £1. 25/lt for diesel. Happy days so far :).

Edit - last week, got forthcoming week's price text from Pump-King. This week's text for the next week came from Esso. Confused lol :unsure:.

Edited by Pebble

4 hours ago, Pebble said:

Edit - last week, got forthcoming week's price text from Pump-King. This week's text for the next week came from Esso. Confused lol :unsure:.

Same here Pebble, all adds to the intrigue, I suppose :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Still waiting for my flippin card.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jiffy176 said:

Same here. Applied on 6th December, no reply to emails and no answer on phone. I'm getting the text messages though!

13 hours ago, Jiffy176 said:

Me too

On 02/02/2019 at 20:29, Jiffy176 said:

Same here. Has anyone else noticed that for the two weeks that Pump-King sent out the weekly texts the price increased? Last Friday's text from myessocard was at least 2p per litre cheaper.

I am regretting ever even applying for the card. Not that I have used it as I haven't received it!

I regret giving over my account details and then having nothing. Just waiting for a debit to be applied and I shall let rip! 

Martin W

9 hours ago, Llew said:

Same here. Has anyone else noticed that for the two weeks that Pump-King sent out the weekly texts the price increased? Last Friday's text from myessocard was at least 2p per litre cheaper.

MyEssoCard is Pump King! They've just changed the message header.  

57 minutes ago, Legal Eagle said:

MyEssoCard is Pump King! They've just changed the message header.  

Just checked the actual card and it is orange and has "Esso" on the top right and "Wex" on the top left.   No mention of Pump King? 

Up to about two weeks ago at the bottom of the text it had "My Esso Card".  Now nothing on the actual text to say who sent the text?  However according to my phone some texts come from Pump King and others from "MyEssocard" with the latest text from MyEssocard!  Very confusing!

Edited by Durbanite

Still waiting for it to arrive so I can shred it

Contacted the CMC this morning as still waiting for my card (applied early Dec). They say all cards will be issued by 16 Feb.

• Like 1

This may be of interest to people who are following this thread.

Posted today on CMC forum by the community manager.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to give you an update on Pump King Fuel Cards. Since the card was launched in November 2018, over a third of Club members have signed up to the offer and many have already made significant savings on the cost of fuel.

We know there have been some operational and technical issues and we appreciate your patience with this. To those affected, we sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Pump-King been working to establish a more efficient and enhanced offering, as a result, all cardholders will be receiving a new fuel card by Monday 18th February.

Once you receive your new card please follow the 4 simple steps below to continue to benefit from discounted fuel at all Esso petrol stations across the UK.

Your new card will be labelled Pump King, this will avoid confusion between this card and other cards issued. This change will also open up the opportunity in the future to increase the network of fuel stations in this scheme to provide you with greater choice and savings.

To activate your new card please follow the below steps:

Step 1: Log onto your account at www. pump-king. co. uk

Step 2: Enter the long card number in the centre of your new fuel card (this number is bespoke to your account)

Step 3: Verify that your card number and unique ID on the screen match your new physical card

Step 4: Your new pin code will now be visible on the screen (please make a note of your NEW pin)

This new card will over-ride your existing card (which will stop working on 19 February).

Can't wait!😏

• Thanks 3

Thanks Barum, very useful info. But, to the CMC, how would I have known this as I never go on the CMC website or forum?

Since I applied for the fuel card and indeed received it a couple of weeks ago, I've had no communication at all from CMC, so it was good job Barum posted this info. Could have been embarrassing trying to use the Esso card after the 19th February :blush:.

Edit - currently, the Esso card no. on the Pump-King account can't be edited so god knows how this transition to the Pump-King card will work.

Edited by Pebble
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Barum said:

. ..

Your new card will be labelled Pump King, this will avoid confusion between this card and other cards issued.

. ..

It really does sound as if Esso sent PK some form of trademark infringement letter.

A number of people on the CMC forum seemed to think they were contracting with Esso directly.

I'm presuming that prior to the 18th Feb Pump-King will be updating their website so that the card number etc. can be entered?:(

Others have posted some of their concerns, on the CMC forum, about the change over but I think it will be a while before any of these are answered.

The last paragraph made me chuckle "This new card will over-ride your existing card (which will stop working on 19 February)" For some, it's never worked anyway, so will they notice? :D

As I said earlier, Can't wait, train crash on it's way

• Like 1

I served my first customer with a cmc esso fuel card he got is before new year, i noticed that it was branded the same as some of the other esso cards and  it also had europe, which to me means can be used europe wide, some other esso cards non cmc that i see have national or truck, his transaction went through ok on my end and his pin worked first time

• Thanks 1

Update on CMC forum - PK are going to email "everyone" (apparently lol) to notify them of the forthcoming changes. Let's see :rolleyes:.

Got my email from them at 8:56 this morning. I still don't have a card but hopefully will get one of the new ones soon.

Edited by robhar