Sign in to follow this  
Johnaldo

CMC's new ESSO fuel card

Likewise, on the bright side hopefully all the issues will be ironed out when we finally ever get ours.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jiffy176 said:

Likewise, on the bright side hopefully all the issues will be ironed out when we finally ever get ours.  

Just in time for the offer to be withdrawn!:unsure::ph34r:

The CMC are talking about "tens of thousands" of applications? It's not going too well so far.

It really must be too much for the PK fuels operative to do with his John Bull printing set :D

I had hoped that my card would be here on our return from our latest trip!

Grrr, Not here!

I see on FB that the card is being offered to lots of adhoc caravan groups!

As said elsewhere it's also being offered on blue light card and I can imagine many other discount schemes.  

58 minutes ago, Jiffy176 said:

As said elsewhere it's also being offered on blue light card and I can imagine many other discount schemes.  

I can see that She’ll/Texaco/BP etc will soon be offering their own cards as well!

BTW is any one aware that this company is actually based Switzerland which is outside the EU and not governed by any EU regulations, but has a registered UK address in London? 

I am also sure that the UK website does not company with any of the requirements as no address or contact details etc unless you register.

I wonder if the 10 winners will ever see the 75 litres of fuel if they registered before Dec31st?  We need to fill up today, but will use by debit card as less hassle.

1 hour ago, Durbanite said:

BTW is any one aware that this company is actually based Switzerland which is outside the EU and not governed by any EU regulations, but has a registered UK address in London? 

I am also sure that the UK website does not company with any of the requirements as no address or contact details etc unless you register.

I wonder if the 10 winners will ever see the 75 litres of fuel if they registered before Dec31st?  We need to fill up today, but will use by debit card as less hassle.

PK Fuels is a company registered in England.   But it seems to be owned by a holding company,  Pump King Holding SARL which is based in Luxemburg.   At least, that's who owned PK Fuels when it was formed.

Companies House shows Paul Coulson as the owner of >75% of the shares https://beta. companieshouse. gov. uk/company/11304793/persons-with-significant-control

But I agree on the website which doesn't look compliant with EU law.   And similarly skeptical about the winners.

I was trying to find the full Ts&Cs regarding the card - but I haven't found them online.   Has anyone else?

THIS might be what you're looking for Tigger.

Happy reading:D

Sod's Law says that my card will arrive on Monday - when we are in Hull getting the 'van back from Swift!

Cheers

Keith

My card arrived today - I applied on 17th December

Just in case anyone is remotely interested the original website https://www. myessocard. com/

no longer works:blink:

You will need to use http://www. pump-king. co. uk/ to access the site. :rolleyes:

I take no credit for this, I picked it up on another Forum.

In addition to the "myessocard" website disappearing, the T&Cs have been changed without any one being notified which I think makes the the contract "NULL & VOID".  The T & Cs now state the following;

3. 10 Limits may be placed on the Fuel Cards to prevent them from being overdrawn. The maximum volume of litres of Fuel that can drawn on the Fuel Card is 80 litres.

This could be an issue if you forget when filling up especially if you have a large fuel tank.   Our Jeep can take over 90 litres from empty.

3. 11 The use of the Fuel Card by the Cardholder is subject to the Cardholder drawing at least 15 litres of Fuel in each transaction. For each transaction that the Cardholder draws less than 15 litres of Fuel, Pump-King is entitled to charge the Cardholder a £1 administration fee.

Last week I topped up with 14 litres.   Yesterday I topped with 13 litres.   I was not aware of the T&Cs being changed and that the minimum amount was now 15 litres! 

I now wait for the threatening email calling in debt collectors etc!

• Haha 1

An 80 litre limit is too low for me on occasions, my Touareg has a 100 litre tank.

My card arrived today, I applied on 6th December, now I will have to remember to fill up with over 15 litres and under 80 litres and remember a pin number too,  then keep an eye on my current account debits. .....I've a feeling it won't go well :rolleyes: 

I assume the card can only be used over the counter and not at the pump?

How do fleet operators manage. My lorry is only a 'hobby truck' but it still takes 200+ litres to fill both tanks.

Plenty of lorries filling at Esso stations - at around 8 MPG they won't want to be paying more than they have to.

Cheers

Keith

41 minutes ago, rslsys said:

How do fleet operators manage. My lorry is only a 'hobby truck' but it still takes 200+ litres to fill both tanks.

Plenty of lorries filling at Esso stations - at around 8 MPG they won't want to be paying more than they have to.

Cheers

Keith

Fleet operators probably use a different fuel card - given their volumes probably with even lower bulk prices.

40 minutes ago, rslsys said:

Cheers

Keith

Commercial vehicle operators will have a Fleet cards with none of the restrictions!

Andy

Received my card today, and went to my local Esso to try it, filled up with 40 litres, go to pay, and the machine comes up "Incorrect PIN", despite me checking both before and after.   So now I've paid 129. 7 a litre instead of 123. 7. .. Not happy, and to add insult, the phone isn't being answered at Pump King

1 hour ago, Guzzilazz said:

Received my card today, and went to my local Esso to try it, filled up with 40 litres, go to pay, and the machine comes up "Incorrect PIN", despite me checking both before and after.   So now I've paid 129. 7 a litre instead of 123. 7. .. Not happy, and to add insult, the phone isn't being answered at Pump King

Mine arrived today, although I doubt that I will use it until I get some re-assurance from CMC that everything is as it should be with Pump-King.

However, when I went to my account online I did notice that the original pin number had changed to another set of numbers!

I wonder if your's has changed too, hence the problem when you filled up, maybe?

Although you said you double checked;)

I'm not worried about any changes to the T's & C's, the final points are they are challengable under English or N Irish law

The PIN On line hasn't changed. ...

On 17/01/2019 at 08:51, Barum said:

Just in case anyone is remotely interested the original website https://www. myessocard. com/

no longer works:blink:

You will need to use http://www. pump-king. co. uk/ to access the site. :rolleyes:

I take no credit for this, I picked it up on another Forum.

I wonder whether Esso were getting concerned that it was being marketed too much like an official Esso product?

16 hours ago, Guzzilazz said:

I'm not worried about any changes to the T's & C's, the final points are they are challengable under English or N Irish law

I have applies for a card, not yet arrived, with regard to the PIN, can it not be changed, I have had a text yesterday to confirm price for next week @ £1. 253 for Diesel, my local Esso garage is £1. 239 !!, reading Durbanites PM and his last post I am thinking of cancelling the card as with Esso's intention of switching to Nectar, this card is no use to us at all as we collect Tesco Bonus Points that pays for our Tunnel crossings every year 

27 minutes ago, Les Medes said:

I have applies for a card, not yet arrived, with regard to the PIN, can it not be changed, I have had a text yesterday to confirm price for next week @ £1. 253 for Diesel, my local Esso garage is £1. 239 !!, reading Durbanites PM and his last post I am thinking of cancelling the card as with Esso's intention of switching to Nectar, this card is no use to us at all as we collect Tesco Bonus Points that pays for our Tunnel crossings every year 

AFAIK the PIN can't be changed

The last 3 Friday texts has diesel more than my local supermarket.

Work out the value per litre of Tesco vouchers, then you can compare prices properly - no point paying more overall just to get the vouchers.

Edited by Black Grouse

2 hours ago, Black Grouse said:

AFAIK the PIN can't be changed

The last 3 Friday texts has diesel more than my local supermarket.

Work out the value per litre of Tesco vouchers, then you can compare prices properly - no point paying more overall just to get the vouchers.

I know that we have to spend a small a small fortune at Tesco to have enough to use for  Eurotunnel, but we live near a Town that only has two supermarkets so the choice is limited, for example our nearest JS is 30 miles away. We buy everything from Tesco as it accommodates all our requirements, our Tesco is four miles away, that's the downside of living in "the back of beyond" we are over 300 miles from Dover so we have to add another day to our journey

19 hours ago, Guzzilazz said:

Although it has an office registered in London the company is based in a non EEA country and the payment system is out of the EEA soi you have no control over how your data could be used.   I am not sure how the C C could have missed this before promoting it to members?  Still no reply from C C regarding the changes to the T & Cs