Sign in to follow this  
Johnaldo

CMC's new ESSO fuel card

On 22/12/2018 at 14:37, Woodentop said:

It is not made evident that it is a form of charge card so when applying you have to give details of your debit card - at which point I stopped.

The curious thing is that the system seems to think I applied in full as it keeps sending me texts!

I did exactly the same Woody.  

1 hour ago, Durbanite said:

BTW does any one know if you can collect Tesco points at all Esso service stations?

I should have also mentioned that I believe that Esso are stopping Tesco points this year and swapping to Nectar;)

SEE HERE

17 minutes ago, Barum said:

I should have also mentioned that I believe that Esso are stopping Tesco points this year and swapping to Nectar;)

SEE HERE

I love this comment "Nikki Grady-Smith, BP's Head of UK Retail, explained: "We've listened to what our customers have been telling us."   Since when has any organisation asked customers relevant questions or even  listened to customers?   ROTFL!   :D

• Haha 1

What big company's tend to do is spot something that will save or earn them money and then dress it up so that they can tell the world that it's what customers want.

In the same world virtually all service stations have a store attached with food, confectionery, drinks, and more attached.  They hope that means that fuel buyers will add something to their fuel purchase and thereby improve the profitability of the businesses.  I suspect most fuel buyers just want to fill their tanks and it wouldn't bother them if all the other stuff disappeared.

Since when has any organisation asked customers  

When they wanted to change their title, the Caravan and Motorhome Club did!   Didn't they?... :ph34r:

PS, I typed 2 words. The first was Caravan.    The 2nd was Club.    Someone else did the quick change!

Edited by Jaydug

3 hours ago, Durbanite said:

BTW does any one know if you can collect Tesco points at all Esso service stations?

Sign on the pump when I filled up saying “Don’t forget to scan your Tesco Clubcard” (or present it when using Esso Card of course)

I filled up on Thursday, 4p/litre cheaper than local supermarkets.

Andy

On 22/12/2018 at 14:37, Woodentop said:

It is not made evident that it is a form of charge card so when applying you have to give details of your debit card - at which point I stopped!

Why??

You are going to have to pay for it somehow, even if you pay by credit card you will then need to pay your credit card bill!

My credit card is linked to my debit card and is set to be paid, in full by DD,  each month. The Esso Card works in exactly the same manner, money is taken from my current account to pay for the fuel I have taken.  It just adds a period of delay into the transaction.

I am struggling to understand why you stopped applying  because it’s linked to your debit card.  

Andy

Edited by Mr Plodd
  • Like 1

Indeed BP are dropping Nectar and looking to start their own bonus card scheme,so Nectar at Esso will be the future once Tesco card goes. Doesn't matter locally as our two garages are Co-op and whilst they swipe their cards it doesn't accrue!........which is why I am a Morrisons man.

geoff

I don't buy fuel, or anything else, for the bonus points - I buy what I want/need at the lowest price, any loyalty offers are just a bonus.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Steamdrivenandy said:

In the same world virtually all service stations have a store attached with food, confectionery, drinks, and more attached.   They hope that means that fuel buyers will add something to their fuel purchase and thereby improve the profitability of the businesses.   I suspect most fuel buyers just want to fill their tanks and it wouldn't bother them if all the other stuff disappeared.

For many years we simply paid the petrol attendant who had filled the vehicle and went on our way as no store attached to service station.   Coming to UK we had to go into the store to pay for fuel however looking at the price of goods in the store in comparison to a supermarket put us off buying anything from the service station store.

Good morning all

Can I use my esso card to fuel another car, as on the esso site they have my registration number

just a thought as I am allowed to drive swmbo's car only when it needs fuel

kot

pigs

58 minutes ago, pigsfly said:

Good morning all

Can I use my esso card to fuel another car, as on the esso site they have my registration number

kot

pigs

No problem!

3 hours ago, pigsfly said:

Good morning all

kot

pigs

"Members can apply for one card which will require one vehicle registration number.   Please note the card can be used for ALL vehicles within the household."

3 minutes ago, Tigger said:

"Members can apply for one card which will require one vehicle registration number.   Please note the card can be used for ALL vehicles within the household."

. ....just make sure sons, daughters etc. pay you back because it all gets funded through the single registered debit card!

When you go to pay with the Esso Card you are asked for the reg no, I can’t see anyone bothering to check as the service Stn  will get their money and that’s their only concern.  

Esso likewise won’t give a hoot because they, not any of their competitors, will get your money. Everyone wins! 

Andy

Not used the card for two weeks and then filled up last Wednesday.   The funds have been available in my current account so no issue there!  This morning I got this in my inbox;

Dear Ian, (Order ID: 33870) Your fuel card is still blocked and your account will be closed if you do not take immediate action. Our automated attempts to collect this payment have failed and this payment is now over three days’ late. If you do not settle this outstanding balance within 48 hours there will be a £10 late payment fee applied to your account. You may settle this transaction by calling us on +44 203 468 8578 between the hours of 8am and 6pm. Failure to do so will result in your account being referred to our debt collection service. Please note, that once payment is received for this fuel purchase your card will automatically be re-activated. Important: any further late payments will result in the automatic termination of your account. We’re here to help you anytime, so if you need assistance please email us at accounts@myessocard. com or call us on +44 203 468 8578 . [1] Kind regards, My Esso Card My Esso Card, Suite 1, 11-12 St. James Square, London, SW1Y 4LB. Company No.

1.      VAT Number. 294045201.

Tel: +44 203 468 8578 | Email: accounts@myessocard. com | Visit: www. myessocard. com

[1] tel:+442034688578

Not very good there Ian:o

I'm sure you will be chasing this again soon and would be interested in their response.

I'm still waiting for a response to an email sent 2 weeks ago, so they don't appear very prompt at answering queries, let alone anything else:rolleyes:

Unfortunately I do not respond to threats very well and getting an email first thing in the morning with a minimum of at least three threats does make to a good relationship!

I phoned them and they told me to email which was annoying as they have not responded to my email sent over 3 weeks ago!  Then told they would phone and I guess this will never happen.

According to the Esso card thread running on the C C forum, it seems that double dipping has occurred where the payment has been taken twice.   It is now very worrying that they have my card details to deduct any amount they please from the card.

I ran a check on PK Fuel Limited and it was formed last year in April with only a sole director and no one else.   Assets are zero.

After reading the last few posts I am sorry now that I have applied for an Esso Card, also as they are changing to Nectar that is no use to me as we collect Tesco Clubcard Points that we use for Free Eurotunnel Travel every year, as soon as the card arrives I will terminate the contract 

Unfortunately I do not respond to threats very well and getting an email first thing in the morning with a minimum of at least three threats does make to a good relationship!

I phoned them and they told me to email which was annoying as they have not responded to my email sent over 3 weeks ago!  Then told they would phone and I guess this will never happen.

According to the Esso card thread running on the C C forum, it seems that double dipping has occurred where the payment has been taken twice.   It is now very worrying that they have my card details to deduct any amount they please from the card.

I ran a check on PK Fuel Limited and it was formed last year in April with only a sole director and no one else.   Assets are zero.

Possibly an issue with their system and your bank's system concerning the debit card. Someone may well have recorded incorrect card details when trying to request payment hence the bank refusing payment.

The sole director is Paul Coulson, Irish Billionaire and majority shareholder & chairman of the Ardagh Group. In May 2018 his networth was £1. 8 billion.

Edited by Legal Eagle

13 minutes ago, Legal Eagle said:

Possibly an issue with their system and your bank's system concerning the debit card. Someone may well have recorded incorrect card details when trying to request payment hence the bank refusing payment.

The sole director is Paul Coulson, Irish Billionaire and majority shareholder & chairman of the Ardagh Group. In May 2018 his networth was £1. 8 billion.

All previous debits have gone out okay even though it takes a week each time for the debit to be taken.   I would also think that it is all automated.   Still does explain the double dipping that has happened to some other people.

Never heard of Paul Coulson so thanks for the heads up on that one.   Still not sure of his role in managing the card as surely he is not doing it for fun?

Update.   Amount finally taken off my current account 7 days after filling up.   C C still have not responded even though yesterday morning they said that would investigate.   Also no return phone call from Esso regarding the issue?

Apparently there was the same fiasco with a Shell fuel card that they launched which changed to be only able to use it at motorway service stations so in essence no savings there.

I'm just wondering if I'll ever get my card?

Had 4 Friday's worth of enticing fuel price texts and no flaming card to use them with!

Cheers

Keith

• Like 1

I'm with Keith on this - I, too am very frustrated that no card has appeared yet I am told how much I should be saving!!!!

I had hoped that my card would be here on our return from our latest trip!

Grrr, Not here!