Jump to content
Johnaldo

CMC's new ESSO fuel card

Recommended Posts

These reminders are really annoying me now.  I never registered,I have requested that they stop sending them to me. I have blocked them about 4 times now. Yet the keep coming.  As I have blocked them I can only think that they change the number they are sent from weekly to avoid anyone blocking them.  So.  I consider it as spam.

 

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a new-comer to the P-K card, can anyone tell me if it's permissible for a wife or other family member to use the card - having been told the PIN. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jaydug said:

As a new-comer to the P-K card, can anyone tell me if it's permissible for a wife or other family member to use the card - having been told the PIN. 

I can't see why not as I've never signed and have used over different cars with no problem, I just give the reg. 

I did manage to order another card for my other car  but am yet to use it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working well for me so far, I use it when its cheaper or equal than the supermarkets/ best in a 20 mile range and it has been a lot recently, I use petrolprices.com  etc to compare around Norwich. The delay in taking the money is a bonus and I like getting the receipt emailed to confirm i have received the discount.

A thumbs up from me 

 

Andy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Andy K said:

Working well for me so far, I use it when its cheaper or equal than the supermarkets/ best in a 20 mile range and it has been a lot recently, I use petrolprices.com  etc to compare around Norwich. The delay in taking the money is a bonus and I like getting the receipt emailed to confirm i have received the discount.

A thumbs up from me 

 

Andy

Fully agree... Used it a lot this last couple of weeks, now that the price is less than local supermarkets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Guzzilazz said:

Fully agree... Used it a lot this last couple of weeks, now that the price is less than local supermarkets

 

Just ten minutes ago I received the latest prices.   Diesel is up a tiny bit on last week.   Petrol up quite a bit from last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prices still less than local Asda Tesco Sainsbury supermarkets. However just picked up a 10p off voucher from Sainsbury's so next fill may not be Esso. Otherwise pleased with this card.

Not renewing my C M C membership, but hopefully this won't impact on the Esso card now I have it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone having trouble accessing their website?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Crannoghome said:

Just logged into my account, no problem.  I'm using this link https://pump-king.co.uk/welcome

Won't accept my email or phone number

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been good for a few weeks now, diesel is 5-6 p cheaper here in Essex than the supermarkets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Guzzilazz said:

Been good for a few weeks now, diesel is 5-6 p cheaper here in Essex than the supermarkets

Not in Durham it's not. Both Esso and Tesco are the dearest. Even with the discount Esso is still dearer than our local BP.

Was going to cancel it, as never used it and can't see me using it in the near future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JanandJay said:

Not in Durham it's not. Both Esso and Tesco are the dearest. Even with the discount Esso is still dearer than our local BP.

Was going to cancel it, as never used it and can't see me using it in the near future

That's why you can't access your account. If the card isn't used for a period of time the account is de-activated but if you use the card the account is automatically re-activated.

Edited by Legal Eagle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Legal Eagle said:

That's why you can't access your account. If the card isn't used for a period of time the account is de-activated but if you use the card the account is automatically re-activated.

 

Well that's a lot of good.  I'm in the same situation.  Was going to use it this week prior to having to fill up ahead of a long journey home at the weekend.  But can't log in to the account, so can't access the pin number, so can't use the card, so can't reactivate  the account.:angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Stockcroft said:

 

Well that's a lot of good.  I'm in the same situation.  Was going to use it this week prior to having to fill up ahead of a long journey home at the weekend.  But can't log in to the account, so can't access the pin number, so can't use the card, so can't reactivate  the account.:angry:

I know the PIN so was OK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most respectable companies would send you an email to warn you before closing the account.

 

They have stopped sending me texts now after many requests went on deaf ears.  So presumably they have closed the account that I never actually opened.

 

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Savings have been quite good for us on last two fill ups we  saved an average of 10p a litre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Diesel prices are dropping very quickly, 124.7 now in many places - keep your eye on the actual price paid with the card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see that the Ts&Cs have changed again.  We no longer contract with PK, but now with Horizon Fuel.  This is a new company, set up in June.  Its not clear what its relationship with PK is, or who runs it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tigger said:

I see that the Ts&Cs have changed again.  We no longer contract with PK, but now with Horizon Fuel.  This is a new company, set up in June.  Its not clear what its relationship with PK is, or who runs it.

If the T&Cs change with out the consumer being notified and without the consumer agreeing to the changes, I think any contract then becomes invalidate or the old T&Cs still apply.  We got our fuel card in November 2018 and we have never been notified of any changes to the T&Cs and we have never been asked to agree to any changes.  Also according to a post on the CMC forum neither are registered with FOA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/08/2019 at 09:53, Durbanite said:

If the T&Cs change with out the consumer being notified and without the consumer agreeing to the changes, I think any contract then becomes invalidate or the old T&Cs still apply.  We got our fuel card in November 2018 and we have never been notified of any changes to the T&Cs and we have never been asked to agree to any changes.  Also according to a post on the CMC forum neither are registered with FOA.

Oh I agree. 

 

The difficulty comes if Horizon Fuel help themselves to money they're not owed (eg. double billing).  It's not clear who owns Horizon Fuel and it's hard to enforce a contract against a company who hide behind an email address they don't answer, a phone number that doesn't work and at an address which is home to over 1000 companies. 

 

I'm inclined to carry on using it for the savings and just hope I'm not one of the poor sods for whom it goes wrong.

Edited by Tigger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pump-King prices this week are way down... £1.231 for diesel, which is 4.8p a litre cheaper than our local supermarkets...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with Guzzilazz! Very 'cheap' this week!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6.0p a litre cheaper this week, than our local Sainsburys, Tesco & Morrisons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well it would appear that the message is finally getting through to Esso. Using the card is about 7.5p per litre cheaper than all of my local supermarkets.

 

Thats about 25p per gallon cheaper!!

 

Andy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...