Johnaldo

CMC's new ESSO fuel card

These reminders are really annoying me now.  I never registered,I have requested that they stop sending them to me. I have blocked them about 4 times now. Yet the keep coming.  As I have blocked them I can only think that they change the number they are sent from weekly to avoid anyone blocking them.  So.  I consider it as spam.

John

As a new-comer to the P-K card, can anyone tell me if it's permissible for a wife or other family member to use the card - having been told the PIN. 

1 hour ago, Jaydug said:

As a new-comer to the P-K card, can anyone tell me if it's permissible for a wife or other family member to use the card - having been told the PIN. 

I can't see why not as I've never signed and have used over different cars with no problem, I just give the reg. 

I did manage to order another card for my other car  but am yet to use it.

Working well for me so far, I use it when its cheaper or equal than the supermarkets/ best in a 20 mile range and it has been a lot recently, I use petrolprices.com  etc to compare around Norwich. The delay in taking the money is a bonus and I like getting the receipt emailed to confirm i have received the discount.

A thumbs up from me 

Andy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy K said:

Working well for me so far, I use it when its cheaper or equal than the supermarkets/ best in a 20 mile range and it has been a lot recently, I use petrolprices.com  etc to compare around Norwich. The delay in taking the money is a bonus and I like getting the receipt emailed to confirm i have received the discount.

A thumbs up from me 

Andy

Fully agree... Used it a lot this last couple of weeks, now that the price is less than local supermarkets

1 hour ago, Guzzilazz said:

Fully agree... Used it a lot this last couple of weeks, now that the price is less than local supermarkets

Just ten minutes ago I received the latest prices.   Diesel is up a tiny bit on last week.   Petrol up quite a bit from last week.

Prices still less than local Asda Tesco Sainsbury supermarkets. However just picked up a 10p off voucher from Sainsbury's so next fill may not be Esso. Otherwise pleased with this card.

Not renewing my C M C membership, but hopefully this won't impact on the Esso card now I have it.

Anyone having trouble accessing their website?

10 minutes ago, Crannoghome said:

Just logged into my account, no problem.  I'm using this link https://pump-king.co.uk/welcome

Won't accept my email or phone number

Been good for a few weeks now, diesel is 5-6 p cheaper here in Essex than the supermarkets

2 minutes ago, Guzzilazz said:

Been good for a few weeks now, diesel is 5-6 p cheaper here in Essex than the supermarkets

Not in Durham it's not. Both Esso and Tesco are the dearest. Even with the discount Esso is still dearer than our local BP.

Was going to cancel it, as never used it and can't see me using it in the near future

2 hours ago, JanandJay said:

Not in Durham it's not. Both Esso and Tesco are the dearest. Even with the discount Esso is still dearer than our local BP.

Was going to cancel it, as never used it and can't see me using it in the near future

That's why you can't access your account. If the card isn't used for a period of time the account is de-activated but if you use the card the account is automatically re-activated.

Edited by Legal Eagle

4 hours ago, Legal Eagle said:

That's why you can't access your account. If the card isn't used for a period of time the account is de-activated but if you use the card the account is automatically re-activated.

Well that's a lot of good.  I'm in the same situation.  Was going to use it this week prior to having to fill up ahead of a long journey home at the weekend.  But can't log in to the account, so can't access the pin number, so can't use the card, so can't reactivate  the account.:angry:

28 minutes ago, Stockcroft said:

Well that's a lot of good.  I'm in the same situation.  Was going to use it this week prior to having to fill up ahead of a long journey home at the weekend.  But can't log in to the account, so can't access the pin number, so can't use the card, so can't reactivate  the account.:angry:

I know the PIN so was OK.

Most respectable companies would send you an email to warn you before closing the account.

They have stopped sending me texts now after many requests went on deaf ears.  So presumably they have closed the account that I never actually opened.

John

Savings have been quite good for us on last two fill ups we  saved an average of 10p a litre.

Diesel prices are dropping very quickly, 124.7 now in many places - keep your eye on the actual price paid with the card.

I see that the Ts&Cs have changed again.  We no longer contract with PK, but now with Horizon Fuel.  This is a new company, set up in June.  Its not clear what its relationship with PK is, or who runs it.

3 hours ago, Tigger said:

I see that the Ts&Cs have changed again.  We no longer contract with PK, but now with Horizon Fuel.  This is a new company, set up in June.  Its not clear what its relationship with PK is, or who runs it.

If the T&Cs change with out the consumer being notified and without the consumer agreeing to the changes, I think any contract then becomes invalidate or the old T&Cs still apply.  We got our fuel card in November 2018 and we have never been notified of any changes to the T&Cs and we have never been asked to agree to any changes.  Also according to a post on the CMC forum neither are registered with FOA.

On 23/08/2019 at 09:53, Durbanite said:

If the T&Cs change with out the consumer being notified and without the consumer agreeing to the changes, I think any contract then becomes invalidate or the old T&Cs still apply.  We got our fuel card in November 2018 and we have never been notified of any changes to the T&Cs and we have never been asked to agree to any changes.  Also according to a post on the CMC forum neither are registered with FOA.

Oh I agree. 

The difficulty comes if Horizon Fuel help themselves to money they're not owed (eg. double billing).  It's not clear who owns Horizon Fuel and it's hard to enforce a contract against a company who hide behind an email address they don't answer, a phone number that doesn't work and at an address which is home to over 1000 companies. 

I'm inclined to carry on using it for the savings and just hope I'm not one of the poor sods for whom it goes wrong.

Edited by Tigger

Pump-King prices this week are way down... £1.231 for diesel, which is 4.8p a litre cheaper than our local supermarkets...

I agree with Guzzilazz! Very 'cheap' this week!

6.0p a litre cheaper this week, than our local Sainsburys, Tesco & Morrisons

Well it would appear that the message is finally getting through to Esso. Using the card is about 7.5p per litre cheaper than all of my local supermarkets.

Thats about 25p per gallon cheaper!!

Andy